Who is the worst singer in metal?

The Stormbringer said:
Does anybody here listen to the Flower Kings? Roine Stolt should be kept 30 feet away from any vocal mic with that voice and THAT DESPICABLE ACCENT!
Personally I prefer his singing to his guitar playing. Although, he was far more interesting in Transatlantic & The Tangent than Flower Kings.

There are instances when he hits the spot singing, but for the most part, his dreadfully slurred delivery gives me the shivers. Not a fan of his guitar playing, either... I think most of the goods in the Kings' music (I used to dread them, but I actually learned to savour Unfold The Future IN ONE LISTEN some time ago) comes from Bodin's brain.
Transatlantic, in my opinion, has become rather obsolete, as Neal is doing better stuff on his solo albums. Haven't heard any Tangent stuff, though, simply because there's a lot of Van Der Graaf Generator influence running through, and they're a band I really cannot stand.

The Stormbringer said:
Transatlantic, in my opinion, has become rather obsolete, as Neal is doing better stuff on his solo albums. Haven't heard any Tangent stuff, though, simply because there's a lot of Van Der Graaf Generator influence running through, and they're a band I really cannot stand.
yeah, and in case you didn't notice, Transatlantic is about more than just Neal. :rolleyes:

I know the opinion issue has already passed, but I just wanted to get somehing in.

Somebody saying that the stars/space exist(s), before it has been proven, is still NOT an opinion. It's a theory, which becomes a "theorem", if proven. If somebody thought that the idea of the stars/space existing was dumb, that would be an opinion. As Kron had said, opinions cannot be proven.

Worst metal singer in the world, eh? Hmmm... I'd have to say most nu-metal singers (then again, I dislike all nu-metal, anyway)

And theorems are themselves opinions, verified by the opinions of others! Because everyone exists in their own frame of reference (see Relativity) there is no way to prove ANYTHING because it requires omnipresence to attain certainty. In short, everything we know is opinion. What we call facts or truths are simply widely held or respected opinions.

For example, if there were a fact (as people tend to think of the word, not as I have just defined it) of a specific worst singer in metal, we wouldn't have 6 pages of different answers!

the guy who actually SINGS in Dimmu is an amazing singer, and that man is Simen Hestnæs, if you dont believe me listen to Borknagar's "Colossus"

Jaen said:
the guy who actually SINGS in Dimmu is an amazing singer, and that man is Simen Hestnæs, if you dont believe me listen to Borknagar's "Colossus"

Colossus is one of the best viking/folk metal songs ever, although I prefer Borknagar's material after Vintersorg joined (Empiricism is an *awesome* album).

I also like Borknagar's stuff with Vintersorg better, but i was stating that song as an example of the awesomeness of ICS Vortex.
I can't wait for the new acoustic Borknagar album to come out this fall/winter.

After you listen to a lot of Symphony X, pretty much everyone sounds like crap!

A lot of people seem to be bashing LaBrie. While he's certainly not my favorite vocalist, I think he fits Dream Theater quite well. Sure, maybe they would sound better with someone less nasal and with more depth, but I think he's okay.

Also, Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth has one hell of a voice. I'm not a fan of death metal; Opeth is the only band in the genre I can listen to. However, it's the balance between his clean and growled vocals and the intensity of his dynamics that make him a great vocalist.

actually i prefer shagrath's vocals (though not singing) to most melodic vocalists. He has more power and, let's face it, most melodic vocalists suck these days. or are cookie cutters or other guys who can actually rock.

Notice the word "most" is used liberally throughout this post.