Who is the worst singer in metal?

hmmz, all those guys who are good singing on their cd's and suck at live performances...
That includes Sonata Arctica's singer :(
No, he's just not good enough... really too bad... Their music is awesome, really... But live... He just can't reach the high notes...
but he's far better than the singer of Stratovarius... Find your own voice is HORRIBLE!
Russel Allen is one of the better singers in the power metal scene. LotEoF, when performing Through the Looking Glass, well, heck he rocks... :)
about Hansi from Blind Guardian... well, I saw him live and at some points he's lacking, but overall, you shouldn't call him bad.
James Labrie is good. No doubt.
Mikael from Opeth, well, he's... fuck, he's good... In his genre well, there couldn't possibly a better singer that fits with Opeth.

Anyone who says Russell Allen, is either joking or deserves to be beat to dead with a fucking spade! Russell Allen's studio albums are all flawless, and his range/style from album to album, song to song is incredible...Something you don't see often from singers in the prog scene. Some of his outdoor liver performances (and in door) are not always up to par...but everyon has their off days! Even when they're not up to par most of the song is fucking on key and sweet as fuck. On LoTeOf he sings TtLg flawlessly...such a beautiful song. Also thke hold in Divine Wings? That their is like the finnest moment from any singer in the prog metal world!

I find Kevin James Labrie to be aight... He's no where near the worst, and his singing does match that of DT's playing...But I feel sometimes his voice and lyrics in general are just so bland! he has a good voice, but it seems as though he can't do anything else with that good voice accept what he already does. (or maybe its just not his choice...I dunno)

As for Hansi, he has an awsome very unique voice...I give him that! But it tends to get old quick... Same with Tom Englund who has a very beautiful/unique voice.

SoundMaster said:
the guy from Blind Guardian

I seriously don't get what people's issue with Hansi is. His technique is an acquired taste at first but there's no doubt he is a strong and capable singer. And if the BG live CD and DVD are any indication, he can deliver in concert.

As for Mikael Akerfeldt, he's one who seems to struggle in concert; he doesn't seem to be able to hear what key he's on as well as he should. Maybe he needs a better in-ear monitor? In the studio he does very well.

Peoples' issue with Hansi is most likely the same as peoples' issue with James Labrie. He doesn't sound exactly like everyone else.

And I still stand by my opinion that my singer is the worst singer in metal history.

Ptah Khnemu said:
Peoples' issue with Hansi is most likely the same as peoples' issue with James Labrie. He doesn't sound exactly like everyone else.

That could be. I mean, his voice is not the typical one for power metal, from what I've heard of the genre.

Archduke Chokula said:
And let us not forget the guy from Dungeon.
Are you kidding? He is one of my favs.

You don't have to like it but to consider that as the worst voice really amazes me, ah well each to there own.

MorphineChild205 said:
After you listen to a lot of Symphony X, pretty much everyone sounds like crap!
Yesterday, I realized that that's why I don't like any other genres of music anymore. I listen to too much Symphony X for anything else to be able to be good.:headbang:

Ptah Khnemu said:
Yesterday, I realized that that's why I don't like any other genres of music anymore. I listen to too much Symphony X for anything else to be able to be good.:headbang:
I am glad I do not have the same attitude even tho Symphony X are one of my fav bands.

Kenneth R. said:
That's hilarious. Especially with Death in your signature. Fan or poser? Hmmmmm

And if he truely believes what he said then why post the comment in a thread asking whos the worst 'singer' in metal when if death metal vocalists dont 'sing' in his opinion, that comment should be irrelevant to the topic. Lawl.