Who is the worst singer in metal?

I believe Mr. Fast already pointed that out in the Now Playing thread.

12/10 though.

Kotipelto might hit notes, but he has a terrible voice.. To answer your question, Daniel Heiman former Lost Horizon / Heed DESTROYS Timo anyday.

Metal-X said:
Guy from Racer X
Guy from Nitro
Guy from Cacophony
James "flat" LaBrie
No
:lol: don't be hating on the intro to Machine Gun Eddie
Yes
Get out of my house

wooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

That pretty much perfectly describes the intro to Machine Gun Eddie. The b3st3st, most 80's song ever written. You have Michael Angelo Batio on guitar, a singer who has the full range that most people lack between regular and falsetto, and the sloppiest double bass drumming you'll ever hear in your entire life. :headbang:

Jim Gillette from Nitro

80's
JimGilletteStuds.jpg

today
26003.jpg

Singers of Nevermore, Testament (and the like)
Singer of Hammerfall
James Hetfield (esp live)
Of course Dave Mustaine (my favourite worst i think)
Ozzy Osborn
Tarja Turunen (i can't say bad but highly overrated)
As for Labrie and Kotipelto; they've got the talent but there's something irritating about their vocal style. They've got some exciting moments, but i don't like their singing most of the time...

Taliwakker said:
Jim Gillette from Nitro

80's
JimGilletteStuds.jpg

today
26003.jpg
Awesome. Another reason for med to not be able to take Nitro seriously.
Beelzebub said:
Cool, he shops at Target.

Either he lives with his mom or he hasn't resolved his masculinity issues yet; no guy I've ever met has curtains that nice.
:lol:

I'm surprised this thread went for 4 pages and wasn't locked but then again it's not like anyone was killed over this (except maybe me now for bumping it). Looking back on singers like Kotipelto, he is a good singer but just when he hits the high notes on most songs is what kills it for me. I still cringe whenever I even think about the Strato song "Know the Difference", what the hell were they thinking??

Also, I saw a live acoustic performance of "Hold On To Your Dream" with Kotipelto singing and Tolkki strumming along to it. That couldn't have been easy for the poor guy, witnessing his song being torn apart and pissed on. I couldn't watch it to the end but I can only hope Tolkki did the right thing and left Kotipelto out cold and picking wooden splinters out of his face a couple hours after.

James LaBrie the worst singer in metal?

In his later stuff, maybe not the best, but certainly not the worst. In fact, on his stuff from Images and Words, I think he has THE BEST voice of any other band.

Worst singer... hm... Anyone who sings death metal... (in flames, soilwork, opeth, children of bodem).

-Kronikle

pffffffft you cant say akerfeldt is a bad vocalist just because he growls, his clean vocals are phenomanal. James Labrie, worst singer in metal... i believe those words have left my mouth on more than one occasion, whenever hes singing i fastforward in dreamtheater, thank god for LTE otherwise id wear out the fastforward button on my cd player.

I can understand why someone doesn't like the growling of åkerfeldt, but as anacrucix said, he's clean vocals are very good. That's why I'd actually list him as one of the better singers in metal.

James Labrie is one of those singers who split opinions, many people seem to really hate him, some think his ok and some think that he sucks. I think he's ok and at best, he actually sounds pretty good. That's when he doesn't yell... Kind of more laid-back singing if that's the word.

But back to the worst singers:
I think Dave Mustaine must be one of the worst really. At best, he's ok, but that's rare. I really hate the whiny "singing".
Who else? Well, I'm not a big fan of that Sonata Arctica singer, Toni Kakko. Kotipelto is much better, but not great either.

I rarely like growling voices, but I've learned to deal with them as it's quite usual in metal scene.