Who is the worst singer in metal?

WhaT?! Whats wrong with Joey Belladonna?

1) his voice
2) his personality
3) John Bush is far superior

Admittedly, my main disdain for Joey Belladonna comes from the fact that I think John Bush is one of the 3 best metal singers of all time, and yet: 80-90% of Anthrax fans can do nothing better than to cream themselves over Joey's annoying, out-of-his-range wailing.

Plus, John sounds better singing Joey's songs.

Joey Belladonna, in my opinion, suffers from Blaze Bayley syndrome: they aren't terrible, per se, they just have nothing that makes them special, unique, or even interesting.

John Bush's Anthrax stuff was way too dull, he's so much better in Armored Saint. The only thing that really throws me off from Joey is it seems like he's constantly singing off time, or cramming too many words into one line. Anthrax's albums with Joey are way better than the John Bush ones.

Although I do not disagree that John Bush is better in Armored Saint (damn we need a new Saint album/tour!), I still think We've Come For You All and Sound of White Noise are superior to any Belladonna release. I'm not gonna say Among the Living doesn't rock, because it does, I just think his voice does not suit the music. Bush's versions of Belladonna-Thrax have the right amount of punch.

And I totally agree with you on Joey's lyrical usage...I think he has massive rhythmic problems. Or possibly the lyrics were just never really thought out back in the day.

Well I only bothere reading through the first page of comments and this page so I'm not sure if anyone has yet mentioned this guy.

Brian Fair - Shadows Fall, this guy is fucking terrible he has possibly the worst scream I have ever heard, he sounds so dry that his screams come out as more of a dry throated shout and his vocals arfe terrible, I think the guitarists in that band should just take over singing because they both have better screamiong and singing voices than Brian.

Dani - Cradle Of Filth, listen to their material from Damnation and a Day till present, he's horrible, at least on earlier albums he actually sounded slightly sinister and not like a complete fucking joke.

Jonas Heidgert - Dragonland. I actually like this band and I think this guy is technically talented, but his voice just grates against my nerves sometimes. Vocals are something that usually draws me to powermetal, sometimes moreso than the guitars but this guys voice does nothing for me, he sucks at conveying emotion.

Corey Taylor - Slipknot/Stonesour. To think that this guy could actually scream on the first two slipknot albums. I can't stand the sound of this guys voice now.

1) his voice
2) his personality
3) John Bush is far superior

Admittedly, my main disdain for Joey Belladonna comes from the fact that I think John Bush is one of the 3 best metal singers of all time, and yet: 80-90% of Anthrax fans can do nothing better than to cream themselves over Joey's annoying, out-of-his-range wailing.

Plus, John sounds better singing Joey's songs.

Joey Belladonna, in my opinion, suffers from Blaze Bayley syndrome: they aren't terrible, per se, they just have nothing that makes them special, unique, or even interesting.

Im a massive anthrax fan and appreciate both joey and john as vocalists. To be honest i recon 'thrax should have almost changed their name when they got bush on board - their sound changed that dramatically.

To say joey is a poor singer because his personality and that you prefer John is not realy fair. Joey is a cool guy and a terrific frontman - at the reunion show i went to in 05 he pretty much had the crowd eating out of his hands. His voice, while not being the strongest on some recordings, is unquestionably original and played a significant role in separating anthrax from the rest of the 80's thrash pack.

For anthrax's sake, i hope John returns for a new album - a 4th singer this late in their career couldnt work in their favour...

I think Anthrax would have changed their sound regardless: 80's hair-thrash really could not make the transition into the 90's. I personally feel that the John Bush transition was an interesting (and ballsy) choice for Anthrax to make.

Joey's voice just grates on my nerves, it always seems like he is shouting far beyond the actual range that he should be singing in. I don't think anything he does is all that original, it's no different from multiple other 80's bands or even modern power metal bands.

I make no effort to discredit the Joey-era albums or songs, I just feel like he is a horribly overrated metal singer. The '05 reunion was such a load of crap it has left a bad taste in my mouth towards Anthrax in general (or possibly just Scott).

If Anthrax makes another album, I hope for John Bush's integrity and dignity that he doesn't return to the band that kicked him out for a chance at more money. A new Armored Saint album? Now that's what I'm hoping for...

Don't crucify me for saying this (I bet it has been said before) but I think that James LaBrie in his later years has got worse and worse - he doesn't hit the right notes live and his a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n is terrible, I can't figure out what the hell he says in most of the songs.

Other terrible singer is Stratovarius' Timo Kotipelto, that shrieking is just plain horrible to listen to and his pronuncication sounds a _bit_ awkward. I just can't figure out why some people (talented musicians and everything!:OMG: ) tend to appreciate his singing; his pitch is high, I'll give him that, but otherwise he's just dull, boring and inaccurate.

And no, I haven't read all the replies posted in this thread so that's why I brought these guys up again.

And remember not to shoot the messenger!

I want to take back the opinions I had 4 years ago on page 1. I still like James Labrie, but Mikael Akerfeldt and Dan Swano have become some of my favorite singers in the last couple years. It took awhile to get used to growls, but they really kick ass.

Though I still think the singer of Lykathea Aflame sounds god damn ridiculous. How can anyone that shit seriously?

Don't crucify me for saying this (I bet it has been said before) but I think that James LaBrie in his later years has got worse and worse - he doesn't hit the right notes live and his a-r-t-i-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n is terrible, I can't figure out what the hell he says in most of the songs.

Oh...how I couldn't agree more. It's even worse when he tries to sound "heavy" or "badass" and ends up sounding like a whining 3-year-old Dave Mustaine.

i agree that i HATE labrie with a passion!!!! why people love him so much i have no idea..

however instead of coming to state who is the worst metal singer, i came to state who ISN'T the worst metal singer: Russell Allen!!!! :worship:

Yes, Russell Allen pretty much beats the crap out of every metal singer atm. The only ones who can prove even a minor challenge are Jorn Lande, Coverdale, and perhaps Dio - while I don't listen to a lot of Dio's music, one has to admitt that he's pretty badass.

Yes, Russell Allen pretty much beats the crap out of every metal singer atm. The only ones who can prove even a minor challenge are Jorn Lande, Coverdale, and perhaps Dio - while I don't listen to a lot of Dio's music, one has to admitt that he's pretty badass.

Got much respect for Russell, but Hansi Kürsch owns just about every singer (yes, even Bruce Dickinson). And I can't believe some people named Kai Hansen and Edu Falaschi as the worst vocalists in metal. Quite the opposite.

I am usually compatible with all types of vocal styles, whether it is high, deep, growling, screeching, etc., so I really don't have a 'worst vocalist' to name.

However, I will go with Jonathan Davis of KoRn. Awful, I can't believe a band like Sepultura actually had him doing guest vocals for them.