who thinks wintersun is the best viking folk metal band ever!!!!!!!!

Honestly there are so many, it's kinda silly. This thread is strange - most are flooded with everyone naming their favorite random folk/black/viking band, all of which end up sounding the same.

Personally, I like Ensiferum a lot more than Wintersun.

Not that I think this is a shit kind of music, but I really just prefer Symphonic metal bands over the middle-age ones that they call themselves viking/folk metal. I never got into this kind of thing and dont think I ever will.

Some of it is far, far superior to the 'symphonic' bands. And for the same reasons. Some bands pull off a genre well, and others don't.
Ive got yet to hear those "superior" you're talking about, mind if I asked you to share a link? I'm skeptical but still willing to give it a shot anyways.

I've got tired of that whole folk/viking metal genre long time ago, maybe it has something to do with the fact I come from Finland. But atleast bands like wintersun has some variety, so occasionally I enjoy listening to them.

I honestly didnt check out many bands under this viking genre, but the one or two I did a long time ago, I really didnt like what I heard. It sounded really similar to symphonic metal, but in a more middle-ages kind of way that I didnt like. But I want to give it a shot again, even with how skeptical I am about it right now. I was also skeptical about getting into prog metal a while back when I was getting into it, and here I am now a big fan of it, so, cant jump to a conclusion about viking metal just yet.