who here like me thinks Lost Horizon is one of the greatest power metal bands ever!!!

jo jo

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
:headbang: well i think so and its a major shame that the singer had to leave:cry:

If you do not know who these people are i suggest you should go check them out right now at www.oncelosthorizon.com there singer i think is one of the best singers right next to Russle Allen and others like Dio.:devil:

They would have had a great future if Daniel hadn't quit the band...

I honestly thought he was the main part of their sound, and it's sad to see him go... I don't think they'll be that good... We shall see!

I've never heard them before and they sound pretty cool, too bad that those sample clip don't include any of their solos......that's where it would've made or broke the band for me....how are their solos?

Noble Viking said:
I've never heard them before and they sound pretty cool, too bad that those sample clip don't include any of their solos......that's where it would've made or broke the band for me....how are their solos?

IMO, if the soloing is what makes or breaks a band for you, that is a rather shallow reason for not listening to music.

Lost Horizon have a really unique sound and yes, its definitely hard to come back from losing a singer like Daniel (although I disagree that he was the main part of their sound), but they could do it if they found someone with a similarly strong voice even if he didn't share Daniel's range. Their keyboards remind me of Kevin Moore's playing on the old Dream Theater albums for some reason. They're also definitely really, really, really fucking metal lol.

Meh, they just sound like generic power metal from those clips. if i heard some crazy solo, I might be interested that's all. That's the same reason why I don't like kamelot. They're just kind of bland IMO.

NP ; Megadeth Rude Awakening DVD - Symphony of Destruction

Ultimate cheese? Tasted Freedom Call? :D

I like Lost Horizon, but the best power metal band ever is still Wuthering Heights.

Noble Viking said:
Meh, they just sound like generic power metal from those clips. if i heard some crazy solo, I might be interested that's all. That's the same reason why I don't like kamelot. They're just kind of bland IMO.

NP ; Megadeth Rude Awakening DVD - Symphony of Destruction

Wait till you hear the album A Flame to Ground Beneath and the outstanding performance of the vocals and the rest of the band...

Then you can listen to Freedom Call and say "Ok, that is generic power metal"

And yes, they have good solos on the album I mentioned =) Try the track Think Not Forever =P

Think Not Forever is one of my favorite songs ever! Pure is also great. Most of the other stuff is average, I think. It would have been cool to see what else they were capable of.

AngraRULES said:
Wait till you hear the album A Flame to Ground Beneath and the outstanding performance of the vocals and the rest of the band...

Then you can listen to Freedom Call and say "Ok, that is generic power metal"

And yes, they have good solos on the album I mentioned =) Try the track Think Not Forever =P

I'll look out for those! thanks for the recommendations! Some Symphony X sounds like power metal. EX: Smoke and Mirrors, Chorus to Evolution

Lost Horizon is good and all but it simply doesn't stiffen my dick like other PM bands do.

(...and not in the gay way you sick bastards.)