who thinks wintersun is the best viking folk metal band ever!!!!!!!!

jo jo

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
yes! i do! i remember about a year or so ago i got that album and it was the best album ive heard in a long time.:headbang:

They are the best. I used to like Ensiferum better but they are slowly dying. Jari Maenpaa is reaching God status.

My old lead guitarrist was supposed to burn my bassist a copy of Wintersun's album, but he accidentally burned him a russian folk music cd instead. Russian Folk music is the funniest thing I've ever heard, aside from Dane Cook's new album.

nope Ensiferum and Wintersun own all but i still love finntroll but wintersun still owns.

fetalrectoid said:
They are the best. I used to like Ensiferum better but they are slowly dying. Jari Maenpaa is reaching God status.

i agree, IMO with the release of "Wintersun" Jari has reached the status (respectwise) of guys like Mike Romeo and Alexi Laiho in the metal community.

Wintersun is great, but Ensiferum remains the best...I can't wait to hear more material next year...I just hope Petri Lindroos can pick up some of Jari's slack...and Wintersun will have another album next year as well \m/

Jaen said:
i agree, IMO with the release of "Wintersun" Jari has reached the status (respectwise) of guys like Mike Romeo and Alexi Laiho in the metal community.
Honestly, I wouldn't even compare Alexi to Romeo. He beats both of these guys by far, but Jari's composition and performance skills are just way beyond Alexi's. Especially live, Alexi is so messy, while Jari and Romeo are very precise and never miss a note.

I would think that Jari will match, if not surpass Romeo someday.

Vikings = Crazy guys with axes, horned helmets, big furry armor, and muscles sailing around in those dragon boats beating the poopie out of people.

Viking Metal = Vikings coming together to form a metal band.