best vocalists in metal

Originally posted by Knight_
Hehe thanks ;)
Cool to see i have an allied!!! :) I may get a little too *hot* sometimes when it comes about my favourite band, but... it means i'm ALIVE! :D
Cya laters sister! ;)

Hehe, I know what you mean! Tell me about it! Defending our favorite bands. What a life-long battle.

Keep fighting, sis! :)

Later. (You got mail)

oh knight you saved me a lot of words on this subject i couldn't have said it better myself:D about russ live performances there was a link around here to a Syx live video check that video out and tell me he sucks live (i still have the video btw:p )

Russell Allen live is.... AMAZING!!!!!! I can't believe that someone would think otherwise... :confused:
I can't beileve I forgot about Freddie and Devon!!

Alden

you might be right about the fact that bootlegs don't always capture the whole sound of the band, but i'm gonna make a point that might let you think differently

when you're at a live show, you're busy with freakin out and all that ( no offence i couldn't find any other word to put it) and you're not busy with hearing the bands' inaccuracies, but well made bootlegs allow you to go back and forward and actually hear the inaccuracies
for example, the montreal vcd is a well made bootleg, and after listening to it many times, believe me, although they've improved alot since the "twilight" tour they still don't perform very well

and about that other thing i said, the 3 last songs from V are extremly hard, especially on singing, very high notes, you have to understand that they can't perform every song

one last thing, you have to understand that although i say all these things, i still love symphony x and i always will (unless they start performing full sets of N'sync cover songs...LOL), no matter how they play live, after all, i get to listen to their cd's more than their live shows right?

Originally posted by Dark5675
you might be right about the fact that bootlegs don't always capture the whole sound of the band, but i'm gonna make a point that might let you think differently

when you're at a live show, you're busy with freakin out and all that ( no offence i couldn't find any other word to put it) and you're not busy with hearing the bands' inaccuracies, but well made bootlegs allow you to go back and forward and actually hear the inaccuracies
for example, the montreal vcd is a well made bootleg, and after listening to it many times, believe me, although they've improved alot since the "twilight" tour they still don't perform very well

and about that other thing i said, the 3 last songs from V are extremly hard, especially on singing, very high notes, you have to understand that they can't perform every song

one last thing, you have to understand that although i say all these things, i still love symphony x and i always will (unless they start performing full sets of N'sync cover songs...LOL), no matter how they play live, after all, i get to listen to their cd's more than their live shows right?

imo you are right about the last 3 songs on v yes they are hard on singing but tell me how can syx play songs like Of Sins And Shadows (especially russell) almost perfect from some bootlegs and live performances that i've heard and how russell with the kind of voice that he has how he can't sing a song like A Fool's Paradise live? i sing and imo this is one of the hardest songs to sing on v but i also enjoy singing that song a lot, Of Sins And Shadows isn't and easy song to sing and i heard russell sing it and it was great i know people aren't perfect but i just can't realize how he can sing a song like Of Sins and Shadows and not be able to sing a song like Rediscovery part 2 or A Fool's Paradise

and another thing saying that Russell can't sing some songs (wich actually i don't beleive that he can't) and saying that he sucks live are two very different things to say keep in mind that:rolleyes: oh also check out a video of syx playing egypt live there was a link somewhere around here and russell was great a singer that sucks live can't do that

of sins and shadows is a very hard song, but a fool's paradise is way harder, if you can sing it, you probably sing it in a lower scale.

Originally posted by Dark5675
of sins and shadows is a very hard song, but a fool's paradise is way harder, if you can sing it, you probably sing it in a lower scale.

i know A Fool's Paradise is way harder what i tried to say is that Russell with the kind of voice that he has how he can sing Of Sins And Shadows great and not sing A Fool's Paradise? the two songs are hard to sing so if he can sing one i'm pretty sure that he can sing the other even though A Fool's Paradise is harder i can sing both of them so i'm sure Russell can

and that was my opinion i have mine and you have yours but again if you have an opinion don't state it as a bash ''great singer on studio but he sucks live'':rolleyes:

What exactly is Kamelot like? I've never even heard of the band, but often people who like music such as I do, have a tendency to introduce me to damn good music.

-V

i agree that russell does amazing things with his voice, but the studio can't really tell if a singer is good or not.

now again, i'm not saying russ is a bad singer, i think he's incredible, just his live performance is poor, which is not surprising since he never took any lessons

to tell you the truth i never understood why he has so much problems with all their songs, i mean they are very hard, but still, i don't know why they have so much difference between live and studio, i'm a singer for less than a year an already i can sing all of their songs which are on my range, without going out of scale as often as sir. allen does

again i say i've heard him sing many times and he was great some songs were not so good but again you have to think that in a concert singing all those songs is hard on your voice so his voice can faile from time to time so again i ask you have you seen a video of them performing egypt live? his voice never failed there but anyway you have your opinion i have mine so no problem:D