Devin Townsend
Hansi Kursh
Sonata Artica vocalist
Female vocalist from After Forever
and... OZZY!

EDIT - How could I have forgotten Danzig.... :eek:

leopard!
"Vagelis Maranis (Sanvoisen)."
wow..i finally get to know who he is! my guitar teacher gave me a sanvoisen tape and i think its kickass...
i also think it's pretty funny because maranis is greek and one some songs he has a really strong greek accent...(like saying history as "heeeestory") and some of the songs have a greek music sound...its cool to hear that style in a prog. metal band's vocals

Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation)
Michael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

There are many vocalist that I like but these two display an emotion that puts them in a class by themselves.

Originally posted by The_Accolade
leopard!
"Vagelis Maranis (Sanvoisen)."
wow..i finally get to know who he is! my guitar teacher gave me a sanvoisen tape and i think its kickass...

It's great to see another Sanvoisen fan here! They're one of my favorite bands. Which tape do you have, Exotic Ways or Soul Seasons ?

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Roy Khan, Russell Allen, Ronnie James Dio, Jorn Lande, Rob Halford

to name a few of my metal faves

but what about Tom S. Englund (Evergrey)? he's great and has a lot of feeling in his voice.

Tom Englund is one of my favorites, Lady. He has so much emotion in his voice.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

Tom Englund is one of my favorites, Lady. He has so much emotion in his voice.

Oh well, finally someone! Thanks!

Can we go for emotion AND feeling? Pretty deep!! A duet idea: Sir Russell and Tom!

I'm relatively "new" to Evergrey, although I've known them since Solitude, but *hangs head in shame* it has finally hit me how great this band is and how great a singer Tom is. Period.

Have a nICE day.

Mats Leven (awesome live abilities)
Bruce Dickinson (used to be better, it's getting harder and harder for him to sing live, but that's probably his age)
Jeff Scott Soto (was awesome in the rising force albums, haven't heard anything else from that guy)
Geoff Tate (ever noticed the resmebles in the voice to mr. Dickinson? but i still think he tops him)
Russell Allen (does incredible things with his voice in the studio, but sucks bigtime live)
Roy Kahn (sounds great live, unless they fooled us same as SyX did and edited their live album)
Mark Boals (awesome range, used to be good live on the trilogy tour, but after that he went down, on the later tours he did with Malmsteen, he only does his songs well, and he's not able to do "Leonardo" and "Playing With Fire" live)

that's it i think, you can see i considered live performance alot, because i think that's one of the two thing that can help you decide which ones good: 1.high ability in the studio 2. high ability live.

p.s
---
i know many will bash me for saying that Syx's live album is edited, but just listen for yourself, listen to a bootleg first and then the live album, you'll see i'm right

Originally posted by Dark5675
i know many will bash me for saying that Syx's live album is edited, but just listen for yourself, listen to a bootleg first and then the live album, you'll see i'm right

Hmmm.. Have you been in a SyX concert lately (I mean from V tour till NOW) ? ;)

Damian Wilson
Tarja Turunen
Russell Allen (big surprise there)
Geoff Tate
Freddie Mercury (Does he belong here..?)
Almost anyone in an Ayreon album...

I don't really care for James LaBrie although I am a great fan of DT. The music does compensate a lot there though, and even LaBrie has his moments, rare though they may be.

-Valdemius

Originally posted by Valdemius
...Freddie Mercury (Does he belong here..?)...

Cool choice!!! :D Freddie Mercury belongs to where u want!!! Damnit, such a great singer, how could i forget him in my list :(

Queen rulz! ;)

Ok, i will try to stay calm... :D
Before, in the thread called Question about Symphony X live performance set lists you wrote this, referring to the fact SymphonyX don't play the whole "V" in concert:

there's no chance they'll play those ones, they are incredibly hard to play, they suck when they play the easier, so imagine how they would sound playing these
Then, in this same thread about best singers, you threw out these sacred words:

Russell Allen (does incredible things with his voice in the studio, but sucks bigtime live)
Hey dude, the first to BASH here is you not US!!! so don't invent! :rolleyes:
I wonder what did you listen to all this time! :heh:
I could listen few bootlegs myself, and some sucked big donkey nads, but not because of Russ' live performance, but because i still have to see a decent sounding bootleg made with a bad cassette recorder, with the sound of the band playing totally covered by people screaming all the time... :rolleyes:
I haven't done any bootleg myself, but a friend of mine had a video camera (very old by the way) with him at the Gods of Metal and he filmed some parts of the festival from far (so that the people's screams were not listenable) and i could see again some concerts, and also the SyX one: no WAY! the only bad thing was the volume of the guitar, very low, and NOTHING else! :D
I cannot see the point of why SyX should have edited their live performance if they are almost perfect live :confused:
Try to go to a concert IN PERSON next time before spitting out sentences only basing yourself on BOOTLEGS to know how does a band sound live... you will change idea for sure! And, anyways, THIS is the major motivation for which SyX HATE bootlegs to be spread: a bad recording really doesn't make justice to the quality of their live shows! ;)
Wait till the official DVD will come out and you will see... by now, just try to show less badass attitude, since is not very mature going around in the forum where also the band members are likely to go and read, and tell they suck live, or they don't have the capacities of playing some of their own songs! :)
Grow up, save some money and next months go to see SymphonyX LIVE!!! :D

X-Greets,
Knight_ <- thinking these youngers really don't have enough education... aaaah good 'ol times *lol* :lol:

Hehe thanks ;)
Cool to see i have an allied!!! :) I may get a little too *hot* sometimes when it comes about my favourite band, but... it means i'm ALIVE! :D
Cya laters sister! ;)