Is LFDGD the album fo the year?!!

LoboUivante

my tummy hurts
Oct 20, 2001
Amidst enlightenment and gloominess
tvtel.pt
howcome i listen all this bunch of people saying this is the albm of the year? how many musics in it may really be considered good? in my humble opinion they start with Future Of Speech, Dispossession, Teargas, Tonight's Music and i cant remember of others that may be considered THAT good. i still think Tonight's Decision is better.

I'd have to say it's a tie for me. I was POSITIVE that LFDGD would be my Album of the year, but then Borknagar put out Empiricism and damn Vintersorg can sing.... So I have 2 albums of the year =) Katatonia - LFDGD and Borknagar - Empiricism!

last fair deal is the best followed by BWP by Opeth and Kiss The Blade is up there too.

LFDGD NEEDS more than a few listens to click, and if it doesn't click then i feel sorry for you. i liked TD much more during the first month but then LFDGD clicked and its brilliant, TD is still great though.

Originally posted by SawMeDrown

Children of Bodom's Follow the Reaper was released last year.

Follow The Reaper was released in January man.....
In Finland was last year, but in the rest of the world was in January. I´m sure of this.

:)

I bought Solefals's "The Linear Scaffold" when it was released. Neonism is pretty good although I haven't bought it - yet. I've heard Hyperhuman from "Pills...". Maybe I should buy it in the near future.

Of course it is! There isn´t even any competition about this...
Almost everything else released this year is more or less crap!!!
And by the way, Children of Bodom can kiss my ass, they are so fucking boring!

Originally posted by K-tonic
Of course it is! There isn´t even any competition about this...
Almost everything else released this year is more or less crap!!!
And by the way, Children of Bodom can kiss my ass, they are so fucking boring!

Children of Bodom boring?? I´d like to know what the hell you listen to, and I´ll tell you what is boring here......

I listen mostly Katatonia, of course!
About CoB, Í live in Finland, so I´ve seen them live about 10 times... and in my opinion they just are boring. There isn´t any feelings or emotions in their music and their lyrics are crap!! Just too technical music for my taste, I guess.
Also Alexi is a major horse-ass as far as I know...

well,there is a great deal of albums,who are better than the Katatonia one......Sad but true and this is not only my opinion,it's also the results of a more subjective evaluation of the albums released this year....
I am not even sure whether LFDGD will be on my top-10 list.....

Crucify me,but this is what i think :D