Is my DT zip-hoodie counterfeit or something?

Jolty

Monochromatic Stains
Dec 27, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.last.fm
Okay, last year after Dark Tranquillity/Opeth, I was going to get one of the zip hoodies, but opted for the t-shirt instead, as I discovered that I was slightly poorer than I had originally anticipated. Later, I discovered this store with a bunch of metal merch, including the hoodie. The A and the Q, both right beside the zipper, are starting to come off now, and they were kind of crap to begin with... The other day, I met another kid with the same hoodie, except his has "DT" written on both of the sleeves... Mine doesn't. Also, his appears to be much better quality than mine, although it could just be newer. Mine also looks a bit stretched, like the logo on the back and the front are longer than his. Also, the tag just says "Fruit of the Loom".

Is mine counterfeit? If it is, I'm going to be very pissed off. I paid like $70 for it. Not only did they majorly rip me off, but they're also disrespecting a band who I have huge amounts of respect for. It's not like I can return it either, 'cause I've worn it every day for the past year. :mad:

hpim6250.jpg

Two more:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/Jolty/hpim6249.jpg = Back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/Jolty/HPIM6268-1.jpg = Close up of the zipper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/Jolty/HPIM6269.jpg = Front (being worn) [Please excuse my 'I've been up for almost 36 hours and I need a shower' face. :loco: ]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/Jolty/hpim6266.jpg = Back (being worn)

It's Canadian Dollars, which would be roughly 45 euros. That's still expensive though.
Dont know for your hoodie, I dont own that one.

It's Canadian Dollars, which would be roughly 45 euros. That's still expensive though.

Unfortunately it seems to be a normal price for hoodies nowadays :( I want one of another band that costs 45 Euros, too.

As for the item, I think some people have fanpages where also the merchandise is listed, like Darkillity.net. There is Jolty´s motif, too, now she can compare the details.

Edit: I just noticed that the shirt on darkillity-page is not with a zip, but it has DT printed on one of the sleeves, not both. :loco:
Actually that the prints go off could also come from regular tear and wear and many washings, especially if you really wear it every day.

i don't think it's overpriced - an off-the-rack sweater of similar use goes for anywhere between 30 and 60, and the ones that sell for 30 are without any print, motif etc.
of course there are sweaters and hoodies that you can get for 10 in a street market, but you have to throw them away after two wash cycles.

i don't think it's overpriced - an off-the-rack sweater of similar use goes for anywhere between 30 and 60, and the ones that sell for 30 are without any print, motif etc.
of course there are sweaters and hoodies that you can get for 10 in a street market, but you have to throw them away after two wash cycles.

the same hoodie costs 35€ in europe :)

70 CAD $ is VERY expensive! 25-30$ more than at the concert! You should have ask a friend to lend you the extra money you needed to buy the hoodie instead of waiting and pay almost twice the price ! A hoodie isn't worth 70$ come on!

70 CAD $ is VERY expensive! 25-30$ more than at the concert! You should have ask a friend to lend you the extra money you needed to buy the hoodie instead of waiting and pay almost twice the price ! A hoodie isn't worth 70$ come on!

That was with taxes and everything, but if I would've known how expensive it was going to be, I would've. I think it was around $60 at the concert, though.

All right, it isn't counterfeit. That is good, although now I feel silly. :oops: Why doesn't mine say DT on the sleeves?

I currently wear mine and i think yours is a conterfeit or something like that cause your zip is gold and mine is silver, as you said you dont have dt on the sleeves... I buy it a the show in Montreal and the price was 40$ including taxes.And we are in the same country so dont understand why you pay it 70$.
Only my opinion!

Mine does not look like yours exactly. I have DT written on the right sleeve, the zipper is silver and it's a Jerzees, not fruit of the loom. Also, when the shirt's hood is up, it is pointy. Which is awesome and makes me look like a wizard.

Oh, and I paid 45$Can for it, at their show in Montréal last year. It was sold to me by Martin Niklasson which I must say is the most dedicated salesman I've ever seen.

@Exposure: Would I remember you? I've been at every Montréal and Québec show of DT.

Mine does not look like yours exactly. I have DT written on the right sleeve, the zipper is silver and it's a Jerzees, not fruit of the loom. Also, when the shirt's hood is up, it is pointy. Which is awesome and makes me look like a wizard.

Oh, and I paid 45$Can for it, at their show in Montréal last year. It was sold to me by Martin Niklasson which I must say is the most dedicated salesman I've ever seen.

@Exposure: Would I remember you? I've been at every Montréal and Québec show of DT.

Heu at the last Montreal show february 27 i was left frontright beside the security guy and the backstage door. I saw Niklas going out and ask him to keep my Trail of Life decayed Lp to protect it sign it and bring it back to me after the show he said yes! I know that a couple of people were looking at me weirdly hehe or jealously. Dont know if i saw you. In quebec i go to their first show only last year i was not able !more detail if you want later!

Everyone here seems to have one of those hoodies :p I'm feeling left out :rolleyes: I think I have to go buy one. I only have the ''Damage Done: What can you tell me of the inside?'' and Projector shirts...

@blackash

What does the projector-shirt look like? I don´t think i´ve ever seen one. The damage done shirt looks really good, i´ve only got the Gothic and the hours... t-shirts, after my Wappen-shirt was stolen :mad: .