Is that feedback on V?

What you have described is not commonly refered to as a loop. It's just as simple as him with his hand on the keyboard playing a chord or whatever, using the pedal to sweep.

Polyeidus said:
Well, actually, I was being kind. He's playing. Using a loop is a partly automated process. Sorry, man.

I'm not a man.

Polyeidus said:
It's very similar to, for instance, when they play live, they don't sing the chant part of DWOT, they play it pre-recorded. You dig?

Well, we're learning new things every day. I know it's playback. But aren't keyboards sampled also? The digital ones? ...Aha!

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. We Americans use 'man' as slang for just about anyone. I know, I know, it's stoopid.

Yes, sampling is another ballgame altogether.

Goddamn you guys and loops!
If you want a loop, copy this text and save it as an html file and then open it in your browser, that's a REAL LOOP!

<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function fucking_loops(){
var i = 1;

//the LOOP
while(i==1){
alert("Stop talking about loops!");
}
}
//-->
</script>
<title>The REAL LOOP</title>
</head>
<body onLoad="fucking_loops()">
</body>
</html>

:D

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Copy this text and save it as an html file and then open it in your browser, that's a REAL LOOP!

<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function fucking_loops(){
var i = 1;

//the LOOP
while(i==1){
alert("Stop talking about loops!");
}
}
//-->
</script>
<title>The REAL LOOP</title>
</head>
<body onLoad="fucking_loops()">
</body>
</html>

Do it! Do it! :D

It's not fucking feedback, it may be a synth, it may be a real sitar, but it's not feedback.

Feedback goes from low to high, not the reverse. At least harmonic feedback.

I still think it's a sitar emulated by an analog synth.

Zax666 said:
It's not fucking feedback, it may be a synth, it may be a real sitar, but it's not feedback.

Feedback goes from low to high, not the reverse. At least harmonic feedback.

I still think it's a sitar emulated by an analog synth.

Have you ever been on stage behind six mic's, five monitors, and a PA?

I have, and I've had my fair share of feedback, and I don't know what you could possibly mean when you say low to high.

I just hope you aren't talking about pitch.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
I'm listening to sitar music right now and it certainly isn't a sitar that is at the start of Egypt. It's an acoustic guitar playing a harmonic minor pattern, which is why it sounds "Egyptian".

Actually... it IS a sitar. I read an interview with Michael Romeo in "Lamentations of the Flame Princess" a few years ago... Romeo said that the sitar sound produced at the beginning of "Egypt" is actually him playing a sitar. He admitted that he didn't really know how to play a sitar properly... so he just played it like a guitar... which is why it probably sounds different than the sitar music you are listening to...

ProgMetalFan said:
Actually... it IS a sitar. I read an interview with Michael Romeo in "Lamentations of the Flame Princess" a few years ago... Romeo said that the sitar sound produced at the beginning of "Egypt" is actually him playing a sitar. He admitted that he didn't really know how to play a sitar properly... so he just played it like a guitar... which is why it probably sounds different than the sitar music you are listening to...

:hotjump:

FINALLY!! someone speaks with the truth instead of asuming stuff....thanx man....that'll make this guys shut up....mike romeo rules supreme!!

ProgMetalFan said:

Weird. They usually note in the liner notes what instruments are played and by whom.