Is the American AA fan base growing?

Dýri_Oakenspear

The Drunk One
Aug 25, 2003
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
:headbang:

Amon Amarth kicks ass. I can't wait to see them in my town on Oct. 16th.

Is there or does anyone think there will be enough fans here in America for AA to someday headline their own tour here nation wide like they're doing now?

That would kick major ass!

:worship:
Long live Amon Amarth!

You know I was thinking of New Orleans but I'm open to all. Yeah I'll make sure to hook you up bro cause I'm looking for a death metal...that's in AMERICAN Death metal and not the down watered melodic Swedish shit.

yeah, amon amarth has great potential here....even with the fairer sex. both my mother and best friend enjoy amon amarth and every one i play it for seems to be amazed..."wow its so heavy....but it like....pretty too" hah makes me giggle like a school girl

Patric said:
You know I was thinking of New Orleans but I'm open to all. Yeah I'll make sure to hook you up bro cause I'm looking for a death metal...that's in AMERICAN Death metal and not the down watered melodic Swedish shit.

If youre looking to an area that has easily accessable Metal shows to go to, id suggest central new jersey because it gives you the advantage of being an hour from philadelphia and an hour from new york city, and most tours hit both of those cities, so you get to pick whatever fits your schedule better.

As for amon amarth getting more popular in the US, i think in general, real metal (not nu-metal) is getting steadily more popular in the US, so that's a good thing

There was the 2002 tour that was supposed to have Marduk headlining; they couldn't get through customs so AA headlined, and it was great. I really hope they can do it again, and it may not be too far off. At the Metalfest last March they were second to last, after Rotting Christ and even Behemoth, so I'd say there's hope. I've gotten at least 3 people in the band in the last year so the fanbase is indeed growing.

I'll second what iAMtheblackwizards said about NJ. There's also the two big metalfests we get each year (Koshick's and the new Metal and Hardcore Festival).

Patric , check Tampa Florida , the birthplace of Death metal

Yeah Pat, come to Tampa, I can show you a good time and more ...... are you serious when you talk about moving to the states? just to let you know, unless you get sponsored or go to school it is almost impossible to come live in this country. Of course, if you are cuban or mexican, it is a whole different ball game.
Oh btw, read/check this website www.tampametalradio.com for some Florida metal radio and interviews with local bands. Cheers to you.

Dýri_Oakenspear said:
!:headbang:

Amon Amarth kicks ass. I can't wait to see them in my town on Oct. 16th.

Is there or does anyone think there will be enough fans here in America for AA to someday headline their own tour here nation wide like they're doing now?

That would kick major ass!

:worship:
Long live Amon Amarth!

i dont know about the us but i think amon is fairly well recieved here in canada. this is of course because amon amarth kicks ass.

hey i have vs. the world alright\m/ it was the last copy yes!

Patric, I really don't recommend you moving to Texas being a Swedish Metalhead...It is a shithole, but TX does have a fairly good Death Metal scene.

P.S. It is a bitch to get into this country unless you are a student, etc...Like I said to you before, why move from such a beautiful country where Metal thrives to come to a shithole?

In regards to Amon Amarth's US popularity, I think they are slowly gaining incredible recognition here, and soon will be able to headline their own tour here. We love em!! They tour a fucking lot which is another thing favored!

cheers:)

The only Texan Death metal band I've known is Death of Millions. And then there's this little Black metal guys like Infernal Oak etc. But yeah it IS a beautiful place up here in Scandinavia. But I'm on FIRE and this fucking drab mentality is getting on my nerves. I mean the entire fucken population needs rejuvination, ya know?
ps about the TX thing I guess it's cause I have a very bizarre sense of humour. Like, I saw in TV about pranks in the US and there was these 5 Texan dudes with caps driving around and when they saw a hitchhiker they stopped. They asked where he was heading, then yelled FUCK YOU and drove off and gave each other high fives. That was so hilarious. Haha.

Belgar Ah thanks for that man. Oooh yeah I'm serious alright, but about the immigration I know it's a bitch...kinda like moving to Denmark, eh? But then here, it's no problem if you're white. And that's why I'm not moving NOW cause I have loads of shit to think, occupation and everything.

Belgar said:
The only thing I hope is that AA won't become the next trendy thing to listen to in the US. I would hate to see a bunch of posers walking around with AA shirts.

Although i do like a lot of the bands on metal blade, AA is on them, who are owned by everyones favorite RIAA, so if they start to become popular enough, i wouldnt be surprised if the RIAA gets them on ozzfest, and then from then on it would all just go downhill. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with bands like Amon Amarth being popular in the US, it would actually be cool, but the problem with ozzfest is that people would associate bands like AA with bands such as Disturbed which would be a monstrocity in and of itself.