Is the American AA fan base growing?

I know many people would cry if AA got on Ozzfest, or something alongs the likes of that, but I am sure they would take that oppurtunity, hands down. It is not always about how ELITE you can be as a band, it is about making money as well, whether they want to admit it or not.

christcrusher said:
I know many people would cry if AA got on Ozzfest, or something alongs the likes of that, but I am sure they would take that oppurtunity, hands down. It is not always about how ELITE you can be as a band, it is about making money as well, whether they want to admit it or not.

Oh im fully aware of that, im a musician myself, im just saying that id rather see a band become popular because of them atually being good isntead of just being on a fest with a bunch of terrible nu-metal bands. Unfortunately, it just doesnt really work like that, so it all sucks, but i can dream haha.

Since we're on the subject of America...
I'm becoming very discontent with America..... the idea of a "great melting pot" is terrible. America has desecrated almost all old traditions and has destroyed the pride that each man could take in his own lineage. Now almost everyone in America is a mut (I am too), and most people don't know or care about their ancestry. It's also, perhaps, the most modernistic society, and it's probably the most liberal.
I wish that I could live in Sweden, or Iceland, or even Ireland or even England, but, because of the standards of modernism, it's very hard to change residency.
I guess I'm mostly just fed up with the ultra-modern standards of American society. Americans are viewed as a bunch of liberal, spineless people, without their own ancient traditions. and being surrounded by a bunch of people who want to be rappers and gangsters, and who don't even speak proper english (if they speak it at all), has aided my discontent.
Anyone know how to change residency to Europe or Scandinavia?

wintermetalsmith said:
Since we're on the subject of America...
I'm becoming very discontent with America..... the idea of a "great melting pot" is terrible. America has desecrated almost all old traditions and has destroyed the pride that each man could take in his own lineage. Now almost everyone in America is a mut (I am too), and most people don't know or care about their ancestry. It's also, perhaps, the most modernistic society, and it's probably the most liberal.
I wish that I could live in Sweden, or Iceland, or even Ireland or even England, but, because of the standards of modernism, it's very hard to change residency.
I guess I'm mostly just fed up with the ultra-modern standards of American society. Americans are viewed as a bunch of liberal, spineless people, without their own ancient traditions. and being surrounded by a bunch of people who want to be rappers and gangsters, and who don't even speak proper english (if they speak it at all), has aided my discontent.
Anyone know how to change residency to Europe or Scandinavia?

I agree with that 100%
Since i am spending a semester in germany, im also goin to see if i enjoy actually being over there enough to see whether its worth it to move over to europe or not. American Society is going down the crapper, and a lot of the ultra liberals out there annoy me beyond all belief, oh wel, cant change everything i guess.

Having lived in FL for 7 years now, I could say that Europe is not all that great. Don't get me wrong it is great on historical, folk,... point of view, people are awesome. But the economical situation in Europe is not what could be described as the best. The US has its flaws as well. Odd enough it seems that Europeans always dream of moving to the US while Americans would love to live in Europe. After 7 years in the US I can honestly say that there are + and - in both Europe and the States. Some people can adapt to the change, some cannot. Just think twice about moving, because it is a costly choice to make. Btw, it is as hard for Americans to move to Europe as it is for Europeans to move to the US, you have to go thru a great deal of paperwork, attorney fees,... not everybody can just say "hey I miss my Euro heritage so here I am ...." won't work that way.

No no no, you do NOT wish to be living in Iceland or Sweden. Or maybe Iceland differs but it's too expensive. ANYHOW Sweden is JUST a big a melting pot and PC hellhole as everywhere else. See people SHOULD get a long but we're so fucking dumb that we can't and that's why Sweden sucks as much as anywhere else in terms melting pots. We're also a PC hole where no one says what they really thinks (except for me cause I rule) because it's a common law around here that everything has to be kept silent and very very grey.

Brainkisser said:
There was the 2002 tour that was supposed to have Marduk headlining; they couldn't get through customs so AA headlined, and it was great. I really hope they can do it again, and it may not be too far off. At the Metalfest last March they were second to last, after Rotting Christ and even Behemoth, so I'd say there's hope. I've gotten at least 3 people in the band in the last year so the fanbase is indeed growing.

I'll second what iAMtheblackwizards said about NJ. There's also the two big metalfests we get each year (Koshick's and the new Metal and Hardcore Festival).

i remember that tour, i was at the ft. lauderdale show, and man, what an amazing show it was. the fans were just eating it up alive and just went nus. i never felt such soreness running down my neck and back the day after the show.

as far as amon amarth getting big, i can tell you that what they are doing is the epitome of how a band earns their fame.

do not go to texas. florida has a good reputation for the scene but for some reason a lot of tours dont stop there.

and yes amon amarth has recently gained a lot of new fans because of their tours with decide and metal gods

wintermetalsmith said:
Now almost everyone in America is a mut (I am too), and most people don't know or care about their ancestry. It's also, perhaps, the most modernistic society, and it's probably the most liberal.
As far as I've noticed, Americans are the ones who take greater pride in their lineage (and calling the US of A "liberal" is, actually, nothing but a bad joke to a liberalist like me). The only ones who care about lineage over here are either (a) immigrants, (b) nazis, or (c) suspected to be nazis, even though they aren't.

The whole world is a melting pot. Deal with it.

M. said:
do not go to texas. florida has a good reputation for the scene but for some reason a lot of tours dont stop there.

I really don't blame them. I wouldn't go ANYWHERE in the south if I didn't have to. It is way too hot and dirty, and anywhere east of texas is sure to be nasty humid. I really don't understand why people talk about the south, and I dont' understand how people could possibly like the hot weather...
....unless they enjoy sweating, being oily and dirty and uncomfortable, having to rely on air conditiong, wearing sunglasses and biker shorts, and being as tan as a mexican....
but, i guess, if that's your thing, you can just keep being a suth'ner, y'all....haha

METAL

YEAH!!! WE KEEP MISSING OUT ON ALL THE GOOD SHOWS DAMNIT!!! FUCKING A ALL YOU BANDS NEED TO START COMING TO FLORIDA AGAIN!!! EVEN BANDS FROM FLORIDA DONT EVEN PLAY FLORIDA!!! DAMNIT!!! well lately we've been getting more stuff but its not enough.

wintermetalsmith said:
I really don't blame them. I wouldn't go ANYWHERE in the south if I didn't have to. It is way too hot and dirty, and anywhere east of texas is sure to be nasty humid. I really don't understand why people talk about the south, and I dont' understand how people could possibly like the hot weather...
....unless they enjoy sweating, being oily and dirty and uncomfortable, having to rely on air conditiong, wearing sunglasses and biker shorts, and being as tan as a mexican....
but, i guess, if that's your thing, you can just keep being a suth'ner, y'all....haha

METAL

Eh that's just full of stereotypes. There are quite a few pasty looking people like myself. The amount of Mexicans fluctuates. They're attracted to big cities, usually ones closer to the border (like here in San Antonio, they make up at least 60% of the population). Indeed, it is hot as hell here at times. The east coast is probably best for shows. They have all sorts of festivals up there. As for death metal here, I've heard good things about it. I am not an authority on the subject, mainly because death isn't my all time favorite type of metal. But if you like, I can ask around and hook you up with some people who are more knowledgeable about it.

San francisco can always use more metal heads... Im converting as many people as possible to amon amarth its been working so far... the other day I made a complete stranger walk into the store and buy Once Sent... ofcourse I had a 7 inch blade in perfect site but thats beside the point...

Far Dareis Mai said:
Eh that's just full of stereotypes. There are quite a few pasty looking people like myself. The amount of Mexicans fluctuates. They're attracted to big cities, usually ones closer to the border (like here in San Antonio, they make up at least 60% of the population). Indeed, it is hot as hell here at times. The east coast is probably best for shows. They have all sorts of festivals up there. As for death metal here, I've heard good things about it. I am not an authority on the subject, mainly because death isn't my all time favorite type of metal. But if you like, I can ask around and hook you up with some people who are more knowledgeable about it.

60% are you sure? Yeah thanks for hooking me up with some brutal boys, you got my MSN here so...

Is the American AA fan base growing?

I think so. I've aged a bit and gained some pounds.

I'm sure they have gained a few fans here and there it's bound to happen.

Perhaps if you took all the US fans and put them in one place, maybe then......eh, nevermind.

Dýri_Oakenspear said:
!:headbang:

Amon Amarth kicks ass. I can't wait to see them in my town on Oct. 16th.

Is there or does anyone think there will be enough fans here in America for AA to someday headline their own tour here nation wide like they're doing now?

That would kick major ass!

:worship:
Long live Amon Amarth!

Amon Amarth are one of the best bands out there. The USA isn't exactly the greatest place for Metal, but if the band comes over here their US fans will make every effort possible to see them.

We don't get the great metal shows here in the US. So when a good band comes around I try to get to the show.

The NJ Metalfest RULES!