Is the American AA fan base growing?

metal thrashing thor said:
AMON AMARTH are easily the best swedish band since bathory.
Break!
Time-Out!
They are what? The best swedish band since bathory?
AA is really(!!!) fucking awesome, but not the best...There are quite enough other bands which deserve this status. Hypocrisy for example.
Nothing beats Peter and his fellows, but AA is very close to 'em.

And Bathory was never the best band. Quorton just sounds like a lousy dachshund just taken out of the freezer:loco::p:)

Originally Posted by M.
do not go to texas. florida has a good reputation for the scene but for some reason a lot of tours dont stop there.
<HR SIZE=1>
I really don't blame them. I wouldn't go ANYWHERE in the south if I didn't have to. It is way too hot and dirty, and anywhere east of texas is sure to be nasty humid. I really don't understand why people talk about the south, and I dont' understand how people could possibly like the hot weather...
....unless they enjoy sweating, being oily and dirty and uncomfortable, having to rely on air conditiong, wearing sunglasses and biker shorts, and being as tan as a mexican....
but, i guess, if that's your thing, you can just keep being a suth'ner, y'all....haha"

Yes, hot weather sucks. In west Texas we get winters, but they are not long enough, or cold enough. As far as the metal scene goes here, I think it is highly underrated. I don't know if there is more of a metal fan base that people don't know about than San Antonio. It is hot as fuck there, but I guess that just pisses people off and drives them to heavy music. Dallas has many metal fans and some great up and comming bands. Even in Lubbock there are a few very good death metal bands, and we seem to keep a regular and growing fan base here. It fucking blows that no solid bands tour through Lubbock, and local bands are forced to go to Dallas or SA for good openers.

Eisbär said:
Break!
Time-Out!
They are what? The best swedish band since bathory?
AA is really(!!!) fucking awesome, but not the best...There are quite enough other bands which deserve this status. Hypocrisy for example.
Nothing beats Peter and his fellows, but AA is very close to 'em.

And Bathory was never the best band. Quorton just sounds like a lousy dachshund just taken out of the freezer:loco::p:)

I never listen to any of the popular Swedish bands. And that's NOT cause I'm some elitist underground cunt, I just think the newer bands such as Spawn of Possession or Visceral Bleeding has more to offer than say Hypocrisy.

Dave: Sounds bad ass. Is there any links to Texan death metal bands that I can check out? The only one I've heard of is Death of Millions if that's the correct name.

gcele said:
Bathory are extremely good, but it's too bad they've kept on playing the same song (admittedly extremely good) since "Blood on Ice" ;)

Bathory isn't bad, I just don't like Quortons voice THAT much....annoys me a bit the most time when I listen to them, that doesn't happen so often...

@Palle: New bands, different styles, evolution goes (hopefully) on. And thats good:)

New bands are the "heros" of tomorrow(so more or less), so better swing your guitar or whatever you play;):)

Yes, hot weather sucks. In west Texas we get winters, but they are not long enough, or cold enough. As far as the metal scene goes here, I think it is highly underrated. I don't know if there is more of a metal fan base that people don't know about than San Antonio. It is hot as fuck there, but I guess that just pisses people off and drives them to heavy music. Dallas has many metal fans and some great up and comming bands. Even in Lubbock there are a few very good death metal bands, and we seem to keep a regular and growing fan base here. It fucking blows that no solid bands tour through Lubbock, and local bands are forced to go to Dallas or SA for good openers.
winter here in florida is one random day between december 20th and january 7th in which it is so cold that when you wake up your nuts are frozen to your bed! then the next day it goes right back up to the normal 90degree weather.

Patric, there is www.texasdeath.com
This is a mediochre listing of a few bands in the state. In Lubbock, there is Ancient Remains (me, haha), Reinfestation, Arcadia, and Syringe. The guitarist that plays with me is from Syringe and they have a couple of old songs on mp3.com. Their other guitarist used to play in Deboning Method with Derick Rhody, in South Carolina. There is also Mortifix and a few other good bands that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Yeah Dallas is pretty good. I've lived in that area for about 18 years. Down here for school at the moment.

I've been to that Texas death site. Didn't look like many people frequented it so I didn't mention it.

I'll add you, Patric.

I say this in 3 or 2 years when Amon Amarth releases the follow up to Versus the World and which will be their 5th album i think there will be a headlining tour in the us definitely cause they are become extremely popular and the people who don't know them like some of my friends i let them hear songs like Death in Fire, Masters of War, Annihilation of Hammerfest, Abandoned, Across the Rainbow Bridge, and Victorious March and they fall in love with them just as fast as I did. AA are one of the most talented black/death metal bands out there now so i expect one day there will be a headline tour in the states i know i'll be there.
Long Live Amon Amarth and their immortal viking gods souls as Odin lives on through their music.

Far Dareis Mai,

You are from the Dallas area? Very cool. Perhaps I will see you when the Art of Noise comes through, and if the band I'm in gets any shows there soon I'll let you know.

That dude singing in AA has got one killer voice too. It's about as cool as that guy that sang for Death, Chuck something I think his name was. Anywho the guy in AA sounds just pure evil and really pissed off.

wintermetalsmith said:
Since we're on the subject of America...
I'm becoming very discontent with America..... the idea of a "great melting pot" is terrible. America has desecrated almost all old traditions and has destroyed the pride that each man could take in his own lineage. Now almost everyone in America is a mut (I am too), and most people don't know or care about their ancestry. It's also, perhaps, the most modernistic society, and it's probably the most liberal.
I wish that I could live in Sweden, or Iceland, or even Ireland or even England, but, because of the standards of modernism, it's very hard to change residency.
I guess I'm mostly just fed up with the ultra-modern standards of American society. Americans are viewed as a bunch of liberal, spineless people, without their own ancient traditions. and being surrounded by a bunch of people who want to be rappers and gangsters, and who don't even speak proper english (if they speak it at all), has aided my discontent.
Anyone know how to change residency to Europe or Scandinavia?

Shit yeah! I think America is looked down upon in the world community because we are the bastards of the world, no lineage, no traditions, no folklore, no basis or grounding in the world. I myself am half French and
German and have no fuckin idea who my ancestors are-THIS SUCKS. I have no past, and that is something that should be very important to us all, America, well, it is a stagnant cesspool of mindless mediocrity and conformity.

i hope so, and yet, i don't. it would be great because AA is definatly a band worth listening to and if the fanbase grows a bit i might actually get to see them live. but on the other hand it could also mean AA material falling into the hands of unworthy infidels,which needless to say would be a complete and utter disaster. but that is a risk that any band usually has to take, i just hope it works out for the better.