Is the Eleven Rack any good?

Pxz

Nov 13, 2006
Chile - La Serena
Just found one for a very decent price but i really don't know much about it. Preety sure i've never heard a clip of it in the forum.
Any thoughts?

I don't have much personal experience with the unit, but i know the cleans it can achieve are pretty good.

With that being said, I've always recommended people to go with a POD HD 500/PRO before the eleven rack since it is around the same price point and I know first hand it can produce good distorted tones if you are willing to put in work.

Supposedly Kevin Churko (In This Moment, Ozzy, FFDP) uses the Eleven Track for guitars

Not from what I've heard so far. You propably can get something out of it, if you tweak it a lot, but I didn't like any Hi-Gain sounds of this unit. I think you can get there with any other ampsim as well.

Briefly played one in the studio recently. Got great crunch tones out of it and classic rock type stuff but did struggle a bit with high gain sounds. The feel was great but the overall tone for heavy stuff could have been better. I suspect the IRs are to blame... though with a bit of work I'm sure you could get a good tone. My friend who owns it says it's great for bass, for what it's worth.

Edit: I agree that with newer ampsims you can probably get better heavy tones than with the 11R. For live applications I'm sure it would be pretty decent.