Is This a good guitar to buy?

Get a BC Rich platinum series or NJ series if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Those things blow any other comparably priced guitar out of the water. However, Jackson seems to be the better value for guitars between the $1000 - $2000 range.

If your limit is 1500 then wait. I bought an RR1 for 1,126$ on ebay.

redone.jpg

It was four years old and the EMG's were already professionally installed.
It was in perfect condition, and it only cost 1,126$.

Patience pays off

X series doesn't suck, get RR1(T) and paying 600 bucks for a X series is a rip off, Easton guitars are selling 24 fretters, but they just sold out of em. . .:erk: india RR's = worst than anything, except korean, MAYBE. japan makes good shit, japanese quality control is really good.

Japanese Jacksons are indeed good. I've played a KE3 and DK2 before, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Scary though, I've never played a Rhoads before... EVER.

@ zakk wylde child laiho:

The RR1 that you posted the link for with 24 frets isnt a 24 fretter. He accidentally wrote that in the description. Look at the fucking guitar. It only has 22.

Kevin @ Eastonguitars had a limited run on bodom style custom rhoads.....
ya know......24 frets...single humbucker....yellow bevels/green pinstripes....YEOW!!
the price was like $2400-2500 w/case......>~<"

yea...so if you wanna buy a RR1...forget about 24 frets (that's what Randy Rhoads wanted....)...just be patient....get more offers from different dealers and check out Ebay regularly and see wt you can get!

gkelter said:
@ zakk wylde child laiho:

The RR1 that you posted the link for with 24 frets isnt a 24 fretter. He accidentally wrote that in the description. Look at the fucking guitar. It only has 22.

i said i wish that it already came with 24 frets, so you don't have to spend a fortune at the custon shop. not that it HAD 24 frets.

Man, I want a 24 fret Rhoads so fucking bad. You can get them for like $2500. The price that the Jacksonguitars.com custom shop quote gives you is WAY higher than the actual price, but that's still really expensive.

whats the amned obsession with 24frets rhoads?

sure, i used to think they were the best things ever. but i realised.

You're paying an extra £1000 for an extra 1.5 inches of wood and 2 little bars of stainsless steel.

Give me a fucking BC Rich anyday