Is this Palmer loadbox worthy?

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I'm interested in working with IRs using my amps so I would like to buy a good and cheap loadbox. I saw the PALMER PDI-06 (the cheapest one at Thomann: 211€) Anybody here that is using this? Thoughts?

Still want some opinions :D
I'd like to use it without cab and take some impulses in PT.

Amp speaker output 8ohm > Palmer PDI06 > audio interface > PT w/Recabinet, Torpedo, etc.

I currently use the Tone Hound + Palmer PAN01 DI box - not that convenient and a little noisy.

Yeah I've already seen this but I need an invoice & guarantee plus I have to return something to Thomann so it would be more convenient to get it from them. According to what I've read, the PDI06 would be ok, I'd like to have some feedback on its quality tho.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also looking for a load box with the best line out.

Right now I'm looking at the new Koch Dummy Box studio. 225$ at Thomann.

A bit pricey tho.

I asked Palmer and Thomann and both say that it doesn't work for this purpose but the Palmer PDI03 does. The Thomann guy told me about the Koch Amps LB120-II/8 but it already has speaker sim. So the Koch Dummy Box studio is more adapted. (basically same things with or without speaker sim.)

Edit: wrong. Both have speaker sim. ;)

I currently use the Tone Hound + Palmer PDI01 DI box - not that convenient and a little noisy.

I want to use this method too, but i only have a line 6 gx interface with an instrument input at the moment. If i'd use a cable like this to connect the palmer to the interface the signal would bee to low, right?

Is there any particular reason why you bought the PDI 01 instead of the PAN 01, which is a lot cheaper?

I made a mistake in the OP. I actually use the PAN01 which I bought to use exclusively with the Tone Hound.
I think it would work fine with this cable but not sure if the signal would be too low.

In fact, the Tone Hound is great but I work in an insanely small room and it's not the most appropriated piece of gear atm.
btw, it's for sale ;) Don't know if it could be a good deal considering the shipping cost tho.

My room is pretty big so space will be no problem ;)
Thanks for the offer, but i think i'll buy one directly from tt because of shipping cost and delivery time :)