Isis review

matt99_crew

Dec 9, 2003
I just reviewed the new Isis for MetalReview. I know there are some fans around so if you're interested in checking it out you will find it at metal review.
Also, if you haven't heard about Crotchduster, a project featuring Jason from Capharnaum, you can see my review of that too. Its a pretty interesting album.

Doomsniffer burned me at least one Isis, I'm looking forward to hearing it since I've wanted to check this band out since people when gaga over Oceanic last year (or whenever).

Excellent review. Metalreview is an excellent site as well, Ive been browsing it for over a year. However, you should have mentioned the decline in drumming. And whay not just give them 6's for everything?

I actually think the drumming is very fitting for these songs. I really like the instrumentation on this album--everything seems to be well balanced. I actually considered giving the musicianship a 6 too, but in the end figured that objectively speaking, this just isn't an album that blows me away with the musicianship. As a fan, this gets a perfect score, as a reviewer, it's just damn close.

I'm glad to hear you like MetalReview. If you've been around for awhile you know that I'm pretty new to the site. I've been writing since August and have done 20 reviews. Thanks for checking it out and for your feedback.

The drumming is a stepdown imo, agreeing with speed. It is VERY monotonous on this release.

I am still undecided about the better album out of the last two. Nothing can beat Weight from the Oceanic album though. :headbang: