New Isis Album

Nibster18

Watching the swarm.
Jun 21, 2008
London
Here is some news from the Isis camp, for those who are interested:

"Hellooo everyone -

ISIS is currently "holed up" in our lovely practice space shedding and shredding out new material in preparation for our November time in a los angeles studio. We're really excited about the new songs and can't wait to light up the record button and have a new record.

Also, as you see above, we'll be playing the Nightmare Before Xmas ATP in the UK, as well as a few UK and EU shows with our good pals TORCHE. These shows will be around the second week of December. Hope to see you there, should be a ton of fun.

PEACE - ISIS"

Personally, I'm already really pumped up for this record. I'm a total fanboy when it comes to Isis. Definitely going to those UK dates too. Anyone else gonna get wet over this?

I've found them to kind be getting kind of "easy" since Panopticon, but thats not to say ITAOT was crap, it was a good record. They're solid as fuck, no doubt about it, but these days there are other bands doing sludge much better than Isis do.

I've found them to kind be getting kind of "easy" since Panopticon, but thats not to say ITAOT was crap, it was a good record. They're solid as fuck, no doubt about it, but these days there are other bands doing sludge much better than Isis do.

Really? I've met a couple people with your opinion. Personally, I disagree - I find each Isis record consistently interesting and equally valid. But that's just my opinion. I don't think you can even call ITAOT sludge, it veers off into wild, unchartered territory. Which is partly why I'm so eagerly anticipating the new one.

:)

Probably because Isis ain't doing sludge any more.

OT: I expected some actual news about their upcoming album :erk:

I'd happily go check them out live

You should, they're one of the tightest live bands I've seen.

Wow! Can't wait for a new album. I'm a huge fan of their last 3 albums.
Also managed to catch them live early last year. One of the best live shows I've seen for sure, I was blown away at the amount of energy they had on stage.

Somehow this thread escaped my ever-vigilant eye... anyway, good news, I'm already wet. If 2008 was a great year 2009 definitely isn't going to be worse. Now that I think of it, this is quite a nice period to witness from a musical standpoind, every year is just getting better and better.

I just don't see the big deal about this band, but I have to say I'm semi intrigued to hear what they have up their sleeves for this next one.

What Tool news? Tell me what you know man!

edit: If you say Guitar Hero I'ma kick yer faggoty ass. JK, sorta.