Not In Rivers, But In Drops
Dulcinea
Over Root and Thorn
1000 Shards
All Out of Time, All Into Space
Holy Tears
Firdious E Bareen
Garden of Light

so far this disc seems far more complex in arrangements ... but a bit less hypnotic.

by far more "accessible" than previous efforts ... but not in a less "tr0" fashion

Doom said:
Hadn't heard about this before, sounds interesting. Sorry if it's been mentioned:

ISIS / Aereogramme "In the Fishtank" CD which will also be available in September. (Konkurrent)

In The Fishtank is an ever ongoing project of Konkurrent, independent music distributor in the Netherlands. In this collection Konkurrent invites musicians to whom they feel strongly related to record. They are given two days studio time and freedom to do whatever they like musically.
The Fishtank offers a space for expression and experimentation, results may vary but are always surprising.

Upon first spinning this Fishtank session of Isis and Aereogramme attracts attention with it’s wonderful sound. Where both bands are known for their love of metal and post-hardcore next to experiment and a spheric approach, they not only show these skills here, but on top they reach an impressively high level of purity, roominess and emotion.
Putting two bands together with such different home-bases as Los Angeles and Glasgow in a small town near Amsterdam was a challenge we couldn’t resist. In December 2004 the idea grew concrete that long-time Konkurrent-friends Aereogramme would share the studio with Isis to record a Fishtank and in the following months all directions pointed to July 2005 for action. Isis just finished their european tour, Aereogramme hit the road and the bands played a warming-up show at the Amsterdam Paradiso the night before they entered the studio.
When Konkurrent invited Isis and Aereogramme to do a Fishtank-session, we expected a heavy and loud session not yet heard before in the series. Was it the extremely hot weather? The overwhelming 70s atmosphere in the studio? The shitty hotel the night before?
It’s the analog warmth that makes the songs tender, organic, imminent and fragile. It’s the unexpected that makes this a very successful edition to us.

just listening to this ... fantastic stuff :worship:

"In the Fishtank" sessions have always been worth the listen. I'm on track 2 right now, it's quite interesting so far.

lurch70 said:
so far this disc seems far more complex in arrangements ... but a bit less hypnotic.

by far more "accessible" than previous efforts ... but not in a less "tr0" fashion

QFT.

It's not as hard hitting for me (but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Just saw this on Blabbercock:
In other news, JESU will be touring the U.S. with ISIS beginning late February and ending early April in support of "Conqueror", which is scheduled for a mid-February release. The routing and dates are currently being finalized.

Dev said:
"In the Fishtank" sessions have always been worth the listen. I'm on track 2 right now, it's quite interesting so far.

it sucks tbh :lol:

I've spun it a few times. I'm not too impressed like POP or WOW but it is good. Early prediction: better than Panopticon, won't be able to touch Oceanic.

Oh yeah the AMG review is very good in terms of writing, and the closing sentence:
This is rock in the 21st century, anything less is cowardice.
kicks my dick in. :headbang:

So far I like it just as much as Panopticon, and their newfound love of tribal drumming (yeah, I know its owed to Tool, but I also sense an indirect King Crimson influence throughout) and increased soundscaping doesn't hinder their power one bit, as several tracks here (Not In Rivers, Holy Tears) punch you in the gut more than anything on that album. Garden Of Light is one hell of a way to close the thing.

Dev said:
Terrorizer gave In the absence of truth 9/10. They're crazy.
I've got a question: you're crazy.

This album is really a grower, I think to dismiss it prematurely is FOOLISH and maybe even a little DEADLY. I'm not entirely thrilled with it just yet, but there are some real moments of brilliance in the first few tracks. Also I still don't hear any Tool.

Objective rating : 6/10
Subjective rating : 4/10

It's been my biggest disappointment since... ?;..,?FQ?N ever :cry: . Seriously.