New Isis song + album details

Dev said:
Strong disagreement but to each his own. 2 listens : yesterday and the day before, enough for "Dulcinea" to monopolize my attention for this whole afternoon. Not what I expected but I cant deny its magnetism. In other words : CSOER,1!

Personnaly, I think it's a great song, but hardly groundbreaking. Can't say it's very original either. All in all, I can't help but to feel a bit disappointed since ISIS is one of my favorite band.

lizard said:
image1913961g.jpg

This mofo is from Alabama. :mad:

Sadguru said:
Personnaly, I think it's a great song, but hardly groundbreaking. Can't say it's very original either.

Same difference surely?

Anyways I love the new song, it might not be representative of the whole album but if it is I'm going to be very happy come October.

Damn, Aaron calling out Tool fanboys just before touring with them...yet another reason to love this band. As for sounding like them, I only detect some vague similarities (I do agree with it being more apparent on the new song), and I think there's less aimlessness in their material. Oh yeah, the cover does kinda suck.

This sounds good so far. It's just so hard to tell untill you get the whole album in your hands. I can't wait to check out that dvd, too.

Hadn't heard about this before, sounds interesting. Sorry if it's been mentioned:

ISIS / Aereogramme "In the Fishtank" CD which will also be available in September. (Konkurrent)

In The Fishtank is an ever ongoing project of Konkurrent, independent music distributor in the Netherlands. In this collection Konkurrent invites musicians to whom they feel strongly related to record. They are given two days studio time and freedom to do whatever they like musically.
The Fishtank offers a space for expression and experimentation, results may vary but are always surprising.

Upon first spinning this Fishtank session of Isis and Aereogramme attracts attention with it’s wonderful sound. Where both bands are known for their love of metal and post-hardcore next to experiment and a spheric approach, they not only show these skills here, but on top they reach an impressively high level of purity, roominess and emotion.
Putting two bands together with such different home-bases as Los Angeles and Glasgow in a small town near Amsterdam was a challenge we couldn’t resist. In December 2004 the idea grew concrete that long-time Konkurrent-friends Aereogramme would share the studio with Isis to record a Fishtank and in the following months all directions pointed to July 2005 for action. Isis just finished their european tour, Aereogramme hit the road and the bands played a warming-up show at the Amsterdam Paradiso the night before they entered the studio.
When Konkurrent invited Isis and Aereogramme to do a Fishtank-session, we expected a heavy and loud session not yet heard before in the series. Was it the extremely hot weather? The overwhelming 70s atmosphere in the studio? The shitty hotel the night before?
It’s the analog warmth that makes the songs tender, organic, imminent and fragile. It’s the unexpected that makes this a very successful edition to us.

My 3rd listen conclusion : Absolute genius. I got chills every 5 seconds during the last 2/3 of the song.

In the fishtank sessions are between 20 and 40 minutes usually.

I read some comment about the Isis - Aereogramme one, it sounds very 70's and not Isis heavy. We'll see that.

Dev said:
In the fishtank sessions are between 20 and 40 minutes usually.

I read some comment about the Isis - Aereogramme one, it sounds very 70's and not Isis heavy. We'll see that.

Interesting...
Thanks for the infos.