Israel Strikes Aid Ship

Apology accepted, and one issued back because i got mad as hell and said some pretty harsh stuff(Im not called "Jay Rude" for nothing lol).
The Holocaust is just a very strong thing for me, as i have been to both Auschwitz and Birkenau and seen how it really was(We studied for weeks before and was warned for what would come, but it didnt help much i tell you.).
And i think we all agree on that its not fair to compare these kinds of things anyways.
Again, im sorry for blowing up like that... lets face it, we are all friends even though we can bash each other pretty hard on this forum. ;)

Thank you, and well, it was just in general a very stupid remark and I probably did deserve a bit of a bollocking for it.

Think I'm gonna give politics a break for a bit anyway, I'm finding I don't get much out of these sort of things; in the sense that sometimes I feel its time wasted only for everyone to go away with the same views anyway and just annoyed at each other.

Öwen;9131597 said:
Thank you, and well, it was just in general a very stupid remark and I probably did deserve a bit of a bollocking for it.

Think I'm gonna give politics a break for a bit anyway, I'm finding I don't get much out of these sort of things; in the sense that sometimes I feel its time wasted only for everyone to go away with the same views anyway and just annoyed at each other.

Credit to you for having the good sense to back down on that one. It's always good to see someone with the confidence to say that they were wrong.

This thread's disputes is an example and a moral about how politics and religion can cause so much anger and death.

This is for you guys ;)

Gay_Men_of_Israel.jpg

I agree with Owen pretty much entirely. People need to stop acting like holocaust discussion is Taboo. Everyone recognizes it as a horrible thing and i've visited the camps, I've seen the documentaries and everything but it's a fact that more atroscities are still being committed in this world. Large numbers of people have suffered/died since the holocaust, not because of the same outright organised and blatent propaganda methods that were employed by the Nazi's, I recognize that entirely. Iran/Iraq war killed hundreds of thousands on both sides. Innocent people, fighting because of idiotic governments. Lots of serbian muslims were persecuted and killed and I don't even want to think about how many have died in the middle east because of the recent invasions. Any death because of ignorant governments or sectarian violence or religious morons are unnecessary ones and that needs to be recognised. With regards to the muslim population, hatred is being insighted indirectly due to the way the media is reporting it, towards this religion. Watching those leaked military videos where retarded military plane pilots shoot at civilian reporters just gets me angry. I'm not saying that 'the jews had it worst' because you will never know what the worst is because it's probably going to happen again, within our lifetime. I'm not going to argue with anyone that disagrees with me on this point. Owen was kind to apologize but once i've said what i've said I can't take it back because that's how I feel. You can take from this response what you like but I have nothing against jews. My beef is with the current and previous Israeli governments and their policies and I don't think it's mature of them to take their anger out over the holocaust on the civilian palestinian population. I really hope that there isn't any more catastrophe's like the holocaust, but I think it is an important lesson in history that has taught everyone so that it hopefully will never happen again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/10245176.stm

"The ship had previously ignored repeated requests to change course, the Israeli military said. "

These protesters are there to provoke an international incident. NOTHING MORE.

And the Israeli's were stupid to enough to play right into their hands. I'm interested to see the autopsy results from this, it seems at least one of the victims was straight-up executed. Gunshot wound to the head from a distance of 2-14cm.

it seems at least one of the victims was straight-up executed. Gunshot wound to the head from a distance of 2-14cm.
Don't jump to conclusions without doing any investigation.
If i were a soldier and saw a crazed religious fanatic with a knife stabbing my squad member (several commandos were wounded), i would surely put my pistol to his head and pull the trigger.
Would that be an execution ?
Or just a rightful defense ?

We don't know exactly what happened and we never will. Six of the nine people killed were shot by one commando, and five of the nine victims died from gunshot wounds to the head. I know these soldiers are highly trained, and rightfully so, but some of this really deserves to be looked into very closely. It may have been 100% self-defense (on the individual soldiers part, the order to board the ship was in direct violation of international law), which I think is very likely or it could have be one or two commandos overreacting and taking things too far - or some combination of both. The problem is we will never know - the Israeli's (as we've seen in the past) go to great lengths to be sure they are never seen as doing anything wrong, and the Turkish "aid workers" will swear to the end about their peaceful intentions. Meanwhile, Turkey plans to continue its sale of millions of dollars worth of drones and other weapons to Israel.

Side note: I am a staunch believer in Israel's right to defend herself - however the country has been acting like a spoiled brat for the past few decades and they know they can get away with it. I'm very quickly growing wearing of defending Israel as they continue to become more brazen.