It just hit me -- I'm old!!

Got into Thrax around 87, 88 during my latter years of High school.

Saw them live in 91 on the POT tour at Thebarton in my home town of Adelaide... Belladonna was fantastic as was the whole band. Then had to wait 13 long years to seem them last year in Adelaide again at Heaven!!!

Got into Thrax in 91, with the Killer B's record. Bring the Noise, Metallica, and thrash going mainstream was my gateway into the world of Anthrax. From there I bought POT, because the live versions of Keep it in the Family and Belly of the Beast were my favorite songs on the record, and then I got SOD....both purely based on the fact that Scott mentioned them in the liner notes for the Killer B's record. I eventually picked up STD, ATL, ITM EP, and SOE, but never enjoyed them as much as POT and Killer B's. Hell I religiously blasted the Killer B's and POT records in my truck till I graduated high school in 1994 (and still do to this day, hehe,) with fond memories of how killer Keep it in the Family sounded on the system I had at the time.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned much on this board, and something that has stuck out to me since the beginning, was how AWESOME Scott's guitars sounded on the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover. I mean AWESOME. I've been trying to dial that sound in for years with my own rig and have yet to achieve it.

Heard them for the first time in 91, a friend had POT. We used to listen to them a lot when we sat in his room and worked on a computer-game on our Amigas. Got SOWN with the skull print in -93, heard "Potters Field", liked the new singer... got hooked.

I got into them in '88. My buddy in the army kept calling himself the walking dude. :) I found out it was Anthrax and quickly bought up all their stuff including NFV. I love that live video with Joey and the guys. I picked up PEnikcufeciN at a music store in Germany. I blasted alot of Anthrax in my hummvv.

:Spin: :cool:

Arg_Hamster - Amiga's rock :) My dad still has my 500 and 1200 and uses them still to this day! He is 65 and is just brilliant on Cannon Fodder :)

Long live the Amiga.

My first experience was back in 87(man thats awhile ago) watching Headbangers Ball with Adam Curry and the Indians vid came on, from the first note I was hooked, I remember going to bed with the chorus going on in my head. Bought the tape the next day and loved it.

Saw them on the Clash of the Titans tour in Weedsport NY, and to this day that remains my favorite concert that I attended.

The metal scene back then was different, it was more like family, everyone got along. It was a cool time

Yep Sabbath Bloody FUCKN Sabbath on the I'm the Man EP is just AWESOME...
I think one of Joey's finest moments personally. He nails that song brilliantly.

I remember my brother picked me up from elementary school and he was blasting sum fucked up sounding rap with guys screaming "Now were ANTHRAX nad we take no SHIT!" and I thought it was cool b/c of the cussing. By this time I lived in my own little world of playing with GIJoe and Transformers while listening to Metallica and Megadeth records that he had given me (that made for awesome playtime! \m/). I only heard Anthrax when I would ride in his car and I really didn't dig the singer...then I heard P.O.T. and 'Bring the Noise' and started to dig their sound. I hated Joey so much I remembered thinking during the spoken word on on 'In my World' "Why can't this guy be the singer?" I actually liked Scotts voice better. Funny indeed. But it was as a teenage metalhead I saw the vid for 'Room for One More' on HBB and was hooked. Been a fan ever since.

GregadetH said:
And I've only seen them once. The tour w/ Priest in '02. Bush and Ripper. The worlds greatest replacement singers! They should tour w/ Hagar. I'd buy a ticket. :D

Hagar licks sweaty sack till his mouth is filled with milky goo. Sorry for the detail, but heSUCKS!!!

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
haha yeah dude. Actually I stole it from a friend, but it got scratched so i bought it for $5.

Me too, I kick myself in the ass for not buying the 5 dolla dvd..at the time I was clinging onto old skool vhs technology and bought the vid. cassette.:erk: