Italian Metal

I don't really won't to offend anyone but I can't think more that 3-4 bands from Italy that were even remotely interesting. I guess the scene has some serious problems... However, I'm hearing that the new Monumentum album is very good... Maybe things will change...

Originally posted by Dominus ac Deus
Italian scene is very good, particularly for Black Metal. But it is very underrated.
names, please ? the only one I can think of is Art Inferno - but their album "Abyssus Abyssum Invocat" is not what it is praised as :err:

i'm from italy, and the "extreme scene" is very underground.

there are a lot of bands that play symphonic power like rhapsody but they are too boring!!

there are some cult band like Adramelch (past) and Doomsword and Dark Quarterer, that are True Heroes of Epic Metal. :D

There are some GREAT Italian bands, such as:

MadSword (incredible progressive metal... one of my favorites)
Labyrinth (top notch power metal)
Secret Sphere (shooting stars in the power metal scene... great symphonic elements)

there's also Garden Wall... a very bizarre and unique progressive band that is very hard to listen to...

Italian scene is slowly going out from pigsties in which it has been up till now. Certainly many Italian bands are ridiculous, but there are also very good bands. Bands that are only waiting for a serious label that doesn't exist here.