Italian Metal

If you're interested in Italian black metal, go to the code666 forum. They are an Italian label.

As for bands; Aborym are the best Italian band out there right now. I'd also recommend Void of Silence for those into very dark and doomy music.

HA! I just found an Italian band whose music I find very good :)

Frostmoon Eclipse
actually, I was looking for a band named "Frostmoon", and found Frostmoon Eclipse by accident - I mixed them with the other band ... :oops:

great music :) :)

:headbang:

i've been trying to hear some Lacuna Coil, but their site seems to be too much for my modem. i love the language, though, and to hear a girl sing in italian over gothic doom seems great.

what other bands from Italy have female singers?...Opera IX does, right? who else?

Originally posted by Dominus ac Deus
Aborym
Stormlord

I'm glad someone mentioned these 2 bands!

And for anyone who's a fan of power/prog/speed metal, I think the Italian scene is doing just fine. Domine, Drakkar, Labyrinth, Rhapsody (if course), Secret Sphere, White Skull, Thy Majestie and more.

Originally posted by metu
i've been trying to hear some Lacuna Coil, but their site seems to be too much for my modem. i love the language, though, and to hear a girl sing in italian over gothic doom seems great.

what other bands from Italy have female singers?...Opera IX does, right? who else?

White Skull had a female singer in all the album except the latest one.

ITALIAN Metal have lots of great bands:

EPHEL DUATH - under Earache now!!!!!!!!!
RHAPSODY
LABYRINTH
WHITE SKULL
NOVEMBRE
NECRODEATH
LACUNA COIL
SECRET SPHERE
..of course TANIST haha

and many others!!!
Italy is ready to strike the Europe with its Metal!!! ARGH!!!!
:mad:

Originally posted by tanist
..of course TANIST haha

and many others!!!
Italy is ready to strike the Europe with its Metal!!! ARGH!!!!
:mad:
:cool: you got an Australian fanclub already...

hm, atm, I cannot see your homepage properly :(
how do you describe Tanist's music?

Hi,

yeah it's right, we got an Australian FanClub and we are pretty ready to sign for Crestfallen Records, a new label from Australia featuring World Below (with member of Carnal Forge and Centinex).
Why you can't see the site??? :(

Our music is basically a melodic black death metal...
it can remember bands like Naglfar, Children Of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir for certain symphonic parts...

We will enter the studio in march for our first album "Samhain", maybe the cover will be make by the guru Travis Smith, now we have only a self produced cd out...

Thank you for the question!

Originally posted by tanist
Hi,

yeah it's right, we got an Australian FanClub and we are pretty ready to sign for Crestfallen Records, a new label from Australia featuring World Below (with member of Carnal Forge and Centinex).
Why you can't see the site??? :(

Our music is basically a melodic black death metal...
it can remember bands like Naglfar, Children Of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir for certain symphonic parts...

We will enter the studio in march for our first album "Samhain", maybe the cover will be make by the guru Travis Smith, now we have only a self produced cd out...

Thank you for the question!
I'm at my work-PC and here I don't have this flash-player which is necessary. I can enter the site, but can't see the upper part. the band pic I can see and all that's beneath as well (f.ex. the Australian fanclub link ;) )
when I'm home, I'll be able to see it all :D so I'll write more when I can see everything :)

Originally posted by opacity
I'm at my work-PC and here I don't have this flash-player which is necessary. I can enter the site, but can't see the upper part. the band pic I can see and all that's beneath as well (f.ex. the Australian fanclub link ;) )
when I'm home, I'll be able to see it all :D so I'll write more when I can see everything :)

If you click to "Flash Player (Required)" in the index you can install the plugin into the browser, I think you can also at the work because Flash is a must have for websites. I am at work now too! see ya!

Originally posted by metu
They're OK for a little while, but you get bored with them quite easily. Besides, most of their songs are in English.

I really like Lacuna Coil. They're great when I'm in the mood for more mellow music than the death metal the I mostly listen to. I don't really know of many other Italian metal bands though.