It's about that time again....

Originally Posted by demonikon
whats everone got against Ghost Reveries?...it's a damn good album

there's ghost of perdition, and then theres the rest of the album IMO.

the songs are good, but they don't come close to MAYH, SL, BWP epicness. i never listen to GR anymore. if i want to listen to opeth, there are just so many more tasteful options that satisfy me more than GR.

The next album will be called "80" and will be 80 minutes of white noise with incredible symphonic-jazz compositions and guitar harmonies and brutal stanic messages when played in reverse underneath it. It'll will only be availble on 8 track tape format and will feature vocals Englebert Humperdink, Ihsahn and DMX. There will be and entire orchestra with commuinst politics so there will be no conductor and it will feature sounds such as a dripping tap, paint being poured on to a ladder, tennis balls being thrown at an open grand piano, an angry and some what fatigued wasp in bottle, Jam being thrown at a wall covered in bats and a phone just...ringing There will be 3 guitarists, Lopez will be back but he will be reduced to a tiny tiny minature kit and will only be aloowed to play with his feet! The entire band will dress as pixies and will change their names to sound like Lord of the Rings characters, Mike far example will become "Eönwë the Ring-maker" and there on stage theatrics will mirror this theme (it'll be like watching rick wakeman on speed) After this the band will take a break and Mikeal will go to live in small cave somewhere in Norway and live a subsitence life stealing ducks and other poultry from nearby farms. Mendez and Lopez will go home to Spain and then decide to go on a spiritual pilgrimage to the Vatican where the discover the true light of the father and Lopez is tipped to be then next Pope after performing a mirachle wherein he turns wine into a small banjo which he then proceeds to play. Peter and Per start an underground avante-garde project using their second names as the bands name and using only keyboard and bass the proceed take a lot of LSD and end up creating one of the finest masterpieces ever concevied by human kind...it later turns out that it's just music they've done before in other bands simply played backwards. Following this the band reuintes to write anther album.

Or...

...it could just be a bit like MAYH.