Opeth @ Buffalo

I'm going to see them in 3 days in Quebec, I'm a bit dissapointed that they changed Baying of the Hounds for The Grand Conjuration but recently I saw the setlist of the beginning of the tour.. They dropped Master's Apprentice?! I'm a bit deceived but anyway.. I can't wait to see them in 3 days

So, does anyone who was at Buffalo have a general idea of how long the show was, in total? Like 3 1/2 hours?

Need to know if I'll be able to catch a 12:10 train home from Worcester.

About that, 3 1/2 to 4. Looked at my cell when they got done with The Drapery Falls and it was 11:40.

replace the grand conjuration with harlequin forest then the set list is golden

Yeah, replace The Grand Conjuration with pretty much anything and it would be much better. I could also sacrifice Hope Leaves (although I understand it fucking kicks ass) for something newer from the softer side of Opeth (Burden, Isolation Years, Atonement, or they could bring back Benighted).

I was just hoping that when they stopped playing TGC after '06 it was going to be put away for good....:erk:

Opeth themselves played for about 2 hours, starting around 9:40 pm. The opening band Nachtmystium was on at 7:30, then around 8:30 High on Fire started. (In between Nachtmystium and High On Fire they had to tear down Nachtmystium drumkit and setup High On Fire.)

Opeth themselves played for about 2 hours, starting around 9:40 pm. The opening band Nachtmystium was on at 7:30, then around 8:30 High on Fire started. (In between Nachtmystium and High On Fire they had to tear down Nachtmystium drumkit and setup High On Fire.)

Fuck.

That's going to be cutting it close. I figured the show would be over by 11 at the latest.

I LOVE The Grand Conjuration. That's the song that got me into Opeth. Can't wait to see AXE rockin the kit tonight in NYC. I'm bringing some friends who have no clue what they're in for.

Thanks for clearing that up. According to a recent interview Blake Judd (Nachtmystium's frontman) claimed he was bringing a Moog player for this tour. I tried to confirm that on thier Myspace about a week ago, but they never got back to me.

In Philly, they were really crammed up to the front of the stage, so maybe they decided to bag it due to anticipated lack of space? Just a thought...

I imagine it has to be an awkward thing, selecting setlists for these concerts. There's a certain number of songs that the band seems to be more or less expected to play - and keep in mind that there's always going to be a certain number of newcomers at the concert who will go away disappointed or pissed if various songs don't show up - and there's whichever songs the band actually wants to play. Which perhaps points out however many obscurer tracks the band is actually willing to dredge up, even disregarding the issue of having to rehearse songs which they may not have played in 5-10 years.