Are Opeth concerts R18?

No beards policy? hahaha, yes! That is amazing...
What do they do if you break that rule?

Facial hair RULES by the way.

St James will almost definitely be R18.. you can get in with a guardian though. It's not cause of the content of the concert, its just the bar. I turn 18 the day after the concert. I'm going though, I doubt they'd have a problem with it. If they do i'll just drag my older sister along.

when I was in school they had only a few rules
1.No smoking on school premesis(that one was obvioulsy broken by both teachers and students)
2.No weed or drugs of any sort
3.No radical colors in your hair(except for during Purim-It's like halloween)

I went to a private school...

No caps or hats.
no outradious hairstyles
no jackets indside.
no staying indside during breaks...doesn't matter how the weather was.
allthough smoking was leagal for the 9-10th graders...don't think it is anymore
and the girls weren't allowed to dress like ûber-sluts.

If it had been public then..everthing is allowed except smoking..

FuneralPortrait said:
St James will almost definitely be R18.. you can get in with a guardian though. It's not cause of the content of the concert, its just the bar. I turn 18 the day after the concert. I'm going though, I doubt they'd have a problem with it. If they do i'll just drag my older sister along.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most concerts at the St James are R18

In saying that though, me and my mate both got into an R18 Fear Factory concert when we were 17 and there is no way I would have looked 18 at the time..
When they check the ID, do they do it thoroughly? Because I could probably get away with a fake ID.

I should let you guys know that it's St James in Auckland, not St James in Wellington. Just in case you didn't know.

I rang up the venue and they said it's R18 unless you bring a guardian along. So basically I can't go, as my mum wouldn't be able to make it through an Opeth concert (she listens to country etc.).

The fake ID is the only chance I have of being able to go.

BTW, sorry for double posting.

Yeah, I reckon it's pretty slack really. The only reason it's R18 is because of the fact that alcohol is being served. So I miss out on seeing Opeth because people want to drink alcohol...

I'll stop bitching now, but seriously Opeth probably won't come to New Zealand again, because I don't think many people will go to their concert, since NZ is obsessed with hip hop and rap.

biggsy said:
it should be okay. the guards are usually more interested in keeping the people without tickets out than carefully checking everybody's ids.
Yeah, it should be alright. The only problem with doing this is that I'm paying for transport and the ticket before finding out if I can even get into the concert.

I just told my mum about this, and she thinks I should write a letter to the promoters. It probably won't do much, but I know a fair few people who would go if there wasn't an age restriction.

If the theatre insisted, I'd pay extra to have someone follow me around to make sure that I don't buy alcohol. I'm desperate.