Are Opeth concerts R18?

Seltzer

New Metal Member
Jan 25, 2006
Basically, I live in NZ and I would love to see Opeth. I turn 18 five days after their NZ concert and it would be tragic for me if it does turn out that there is a R18 restriction.

Are most Opeth concerts R18? I guess it might depend on the venue. But Opeth doesn't exactly break vulgar language rules, do they.

I hope someone can help out - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I really don't want to miss it.

I'd say look at the venues website/contact them.

Over here if it's not for minors it usually says on the ticket and/or the website you're purchasing tickets at...

Especially metal concerts. Usually they don't want to mess with people dressed in black and with enough metal on their clothing to set off 6 airline security checks at once.

Thanks for the help so far. I'm sitting here trying to find research it. It's 4:15 am here in NZ. I'm deadset on going.

The venue doesn't have a website (lame) and tickets aren't being sold yet. Otherwise, I would just go to the website and check.

BTW, I don't look 18 at all. I can grow facial hair to look like I'm 18, but I'm really short (probably 155 cm).

I guess there's always the possibility of a fake ID... :lol:

Kenneth R. said:
Especially metal concerts. Usually they don't want to mess with people dressed in black and with enough metal on their clothing to set off 6 airline security checks at once.

I'm a 6'1" 210 lbs skinhead. Usually don't dress metal at all, but i put all my black stuff on for the gig i went to. Boots, little beard and all lol...looked like a heavily built version of Ihsahn post Equilibrium. I don't think they'd have messed.

Setlzer: How long do you have till they play?

Powers said:
I'm a 6'1" 210 lbs skinhead. Usually don't dress metal at all, but i put all my black stuff on for the gig i went to. Boots, little beard and all lol...looked like a heavily built version of Ihsahn post Equilibrium. I don't think they'd have messed.

Setlzer: How long do you have till they play?
Well, the concert is April 29, and I'm turning 18 on May 4.

Kenneth R. said:

Over here if it's not all ages they card everyone. I've seen them turn away 30 year olds for not having ID.

I'm not tall either - 5'8", long dark hair, and i do the facial hair thing if i'm lazy. what really makes a difference is looking them in the eye with confidence. if you act like you're guilty they assume you are. :)

Powers said:
Well you've got nearly 3 and a half months. Grow a beard mate. And take care of it, otherwise it just looks like a stragly student beard.

155cm? That's like 5'1" isn't it?
Actually, I'm probably 160 - I'm not sure really.

Problem is I can't grow too much facial hair because of school policies. But I could get away with letting it grow for a little while.

well it is Uni, but I can wear my DM shirts, my long hair and sunglasses and headphones blasting whatever I want into class, as long as i turn it down when the professor starts talking. :lol:

they really have no policy as anything they could possibly ban is discriminatory to some group or another :D

Seltzer said:
Basically, I live in NZ and I would love to see Opeth. I turn 18 five days after their NZ concert and it would be tragic for me if it does turn out that there is a R18 restriction.

Are most Opeth concerts R18? I guess it might depend on the venue. But Opeth doesn't exactly break vulgar language rules, do they.

I hope someone can help out - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I really don't want to miss it.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most concerts at the St James are R18

In saying that though, me and my mate both got into an R18 Fear Factory concert when we were 17 and there is no way I would have looked 18 at the time..