It's about that time: Final (or close too) 2007 Top 10

I give you 2 weeks.

I have banged Audi TTs to repair and a trip to Germany to save up for. This time my words are not as empty as Susperia's noggin. I'm trying to catch up on albums that I purchased a year ago and have yet to crack open, but I feel as if I'm just treading water at this point.

Since the trip and the accident, 3 weeks. Everyone always says I want to listen to the albums I've already purchased, but you see a sale, and you bite.

If anything I'll be purchasing from Amoeba's used bins. I haven't been to that faghole in quite some time. I may bring in a fistful of duds in for trade.

Let me know if you go this weekend or next or whenever. I have a couple cd's I'm willing to part with and I'm sure they'll have something I can walk out with.

Necuratul said:
Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites
Witchcraft - The Alchemist
Drudkh - Estrangement
Portal - Outre
Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters
Gospel Of The Horns - Realm Of The Damned

These all fall under "fefinite maybe's". But Hell, they might as well make up the rest of my list since I only really listed 4. In roughly that order.

Necuratul said:
Drowned - Viscera Terræ

This doesn't count. Been out for nigh on 2 years, in some format or another (correct me if I'm wrong).

I know, but as it turns out, I decided not to care about that and I'm counting it anyway.

Let me know if you go this weekend or next or whenever. I have a couple cd's I'm willing to part with and I'm sure they'll have something I can walk out with.

Let's go on a weekday nigbeater, I can't stand the contingents of deathcoring emos who frolic the aisles with visions of cum glazed zildjian tom toms swashing in their heads.

I knew you were going to do that. :mad: But the difference is that this was only available as a demo before, and now it's released as a proper EP. I'm actually not sure if they edited the album at all between the demo and the EP though, so it may in fact be different in some way anyway. But yeah, I mainly included it just to make people aware of it and hopefully buy it even though it's not 2007.

Well I hadn't heard of Watching from a Distance being available until early 2007. Same goes with Pagan Altar's Mythical and Magical. Almost seems a shame that both were released in the final days of 06, only to disqualify them from the modest promotion that comes with "best of year X" lists.

Actually both of them were available by the end of 06, though not for the majority, and the die hards took a lot longer than expected. I do agree about it being a shame, but both bands look at their albums as 06 releases, so I respect that. I don't really know what Drowned has to say on the matter. :loco:

I did an extensive comparison tonight. And thus is my final listing.

Primordial - To the Nameless Dead
Wolves In the Throne Room - Two Hunters
Slough Feg - Hardworlder
Portal - Outre
Obituary - Xcutioner's Return
Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion
Type O Negative - Dead Again
Doomsword - My Name Will Live On
Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb
Darkestrah - Epos

Rough order, not hard and fast. The Lost Tracks of Danzig wins as old shit newly released.

I can't even remember if I own 10 albums from 2007.

Gonna include Witchcraft, Slough Feg, Alcest, Primordial, Nightingale, Reverend Bizarre, Plants (when I hear it) and a bunch of others.