Its done.

I know what you mean man,now that you put in plain obvious words that is...All i am is a guy who just sits there in class and draws logos.And i dont plan to stop,i think im gonna try and get into graphics design for a job,do some logos for some bands or somethin...So,id assume by the time that happens i'll be alot better.

follow your dreams. it's just a very diffivult carreer. be prepared for days and days without sleep to meet deadlines and not always being able to express your self as artistically as youd like. becoz the client is in control you usually don't have artistic freedom

Yep,not an exact duplicate,but Mr.Smith(the teacher of that class) does the same thing..Except its more so animation and what-not.
By the way,thanks for the advice,and any following advice to.

yeah Hniklar, is right. i did it once. and its not exactly as fun as it sounds. but when you give the custumer the finished product and they love it, it feels all worth the time.

no, it is alot of fun, maybe becoz i love doing it. it's just not as glamourful a carreer as many people think. you have to love being creative and pushing yourself constantly. you are the little smuck that sit's in a tiny office while the bigboss gets all recognition, but like i said i love it, coz you fuck the boss and fuck the client by all kind of symbolistics elements includedin yoyr work that they tink "whoo, waht a pretty picture", mut is meanwhile a ancient symbol for pigfuckers or whatever

anyway, what did ya'll think of my selfportrait?

intresting........very .....intresting...................

dont kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..........yet....................*slowly walks backwards then runs away*

Thrymfal said:
Well, since everyone has an opinion, I say we put up or shut up and make this an art thread. It's Thrymfal the Toilet Troll...

grand.gif

this is what i call art!

Hnikar said:
ha ha Xyercies. we with pagan blood shall not turn on each other, but slaughter the rest

hehe..i know..it was sort of implus i jsut bought the second and third seasons of family guy. couldnt help but do it.

I think it looks a whole lot like the old Roman sculptures of Nero. Not a whole lot better to be Nero than a Nazi jew, I guess... Mind you, I bet Nero got laid mre than a Nazi jew would!

anyway, i have dicided im going to do a tribute to Amon amarth by either making oden 3d model(already began so, 3weeks to completion) and if the mighty allfather spares my time for it, a fierce viking battle scene(line drawings coplete, just waiting on a graphic tablet to speed up workflow in photoshop. i'll post them as soon as they are finished. and don't worry, i'll not drag out the unveiling of it, by making up excuses.you can expect something good as it;s for my final projecct for my 2nd year for graphic design.

don't bug me about completion. this is the last i'll mention it until the unveiling so please be patient

just one question to you guys. what should th armor and clothing look like?

i'm not that clued up on norse warrior clothing/
i was thinkinking maybe leather strip boots(leather strips rapped around foot to make shhoe) an breast leather/bronze breast plate with a wolf or bearskin around the neck.a updated thor helmet(winged tipe) but does anyone have any refrence material for oden's spear?

Given the fact that most warriors didn't wear any armour at all, you've pretty much got free reign...
Plate mail was not invented, and chain mail was very, very expensive. What was more common, and what lends itself very nicely to cool artwork, is leather scale mail. It is heavy as snot to wear (trust me!), but oh so functional, and can be made to look very awesome. This one guy I know has made his "shoulder pads" into the shape of skulls. You can emboss the leather and shape it to do funky stuff like that.
Shoes were very simple, and legbindings were quite common in the eastern areas (Sweden, Rus etc), whereas the western parts wore hose (no binding necessary. Cheap bastards.) Fur was good on cloaks and headwear - that looks good in pictures, too, but it's too fucken hot in battle (especially with mail on). The top part of the body wore the decorations. Waist and down was for weaponry, such as axe, sword and the inevitable scramasaexs (sp?). It hangs off the belt, horizontally, not vertically. We tend to use bracers when we fight, but I don't know if they're really "period" or just something we do because it's in the rules (you get hurt badly when some guy takes a rattan chunk and smash it into your forearm... Then again, we're probably not as good at fighting as someone who grew up with a sword in hand in that era!). The scale mail goes part way down the arms, to the elbow. You want to expose as little as possible of the arms. Trouble is that armour is so fucken heavy and expensive that it's pretty much reserved for rich dudes that fight on horse back. Everyone else just steals whatever armour they can get off the slain dudes if possible - then the armour isn't Norse, and I'm guessing that it is Norse armour you want, huh? Anyhow, that's just generic Norse armour, but you can pretty it up for someone like Odin. To be honest, I can't see him in anything but scale mail with a nicely fur-trimmed cloak hanging off the one shoulder.
Oh, don't forget the shield (round), and Odin likes his floppy hat, according to the stories. It's a felt thing with a wide, floppy brim.