It's Not Just Saxon Then!!

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
It's not just Saxon then that seems to be affected by the stricter regulations getting into America. I got email from Dragonforce mailing list this morning saying that Dragonforce cannot gain entry into The States just now. I didn't really believe it when Saxon cancelled the American tour blaming it on not getting visas through in time but it looks like it might have been true right enough. Still Dragonforce's Canadian gig looks like its still going ahead. There must be ultra strict restrictions in place in the USA these days if lots bands aren't being allowed to enter the country.

DragonForce Forced To Cancel US Debut Show In New York!
Posted Wednesday, 16 November 2005 - 0:05GMT by Webmaster
Due to unforeseen circumstances DragonForce will not be able to gain entry to the US this time around to play the show at CBGB's on November 22nd. The band are as stunned by this news as their fans who have waited a long time to see them will be. The band have vowed that they will be back however and sincerely apologise for this disappointment, which was entirely beyond their control.
DragonForce are still scheduled to play the Quebec International Metal Fest in Canada on Sunday November 20th.

---------------------------------

I read that too on Blabbermouth a day or so ago but to be honest, Saxon's management had enough time to clear things up imo.

I do think the stricter reglations are needed these days sadly in light of 9/11 BUT......................I can't see for the life of me why Brits for example would have a hard time getting into this country when after all, they did help the US over in Iraq:err:

Should we let just anyone over? NO but to me there is no distinction bewteen say a Brit and a person of middle eastern decent and that is sad.

The ripple effect from 9/11 continues sadly. We need as many foreign Metal acts playing here as possible:cool:

I think it has more to do with your occupation.Once you put musician down,you're doomed.Now,if you list your occupation as "cab driver" or "terrorist",not only are you allowed in to this country,they bump you up to first class and when you get off the plane,you are given your own cab right at the airport! Wait,cab driver and terrorist are the same occupation.Anyone been to New York City can attest to that.

Heavy Mettle said:
I think it has more to do with your occupation.Once you put musician down,you're doomed.Now,if you list your occupation as "cab driver" or "terrorist",not only are you allowed in to this country,they bump you up to first class and when you get off the plane,you are given your own cab right at the airport! Wait,cab driver and terrorist are the same occupation.Anyone been to New York City can attest to that.

You're right :heh:

Well.....being in the travel business, I can vouch that's it not easy getting into any country nowadays.....or back into your own. No matter who you are, what you do, or where you reside. And it's not a given anymore to get a Passport or Entry Visa. 9-11 changed everything. And now every time I travel, I know the very least I'm going to be asked is to remove my shoes and belt. The new reality!

Look at all the wrestlers or bands that can't get across the Canada/US border.....because of a pot misdemeanor or DWI charge that happened way back when they were kids. That stuff haunts you forever when you travel. And it doesn't go away unless you have the money to legally bury it.

eddietribute.jpg

eddietribute_02.jpg

good point Mettle

my other half is a pharmacist. whenever she tells customs agents that, shes under their radar right away as though she was some kind of exstacy druglord.
now she just tells them shes a physical therapist. works alot better for us, except for the time the customs agents started asking for advice on his bad back.

cheers

NP- SODOM - AGENT ORANGE