ITT: We discuss the awesomeness of the latest Falkenbach

Mark - now that you've had time with them, which of your other CDs from recent hauls could be contenders for top 10 list?

Wait a minute...haha, I'm assuming you've listened to them in their entirety. But I know you, you've listened to Falkenbach 15 times and ignored the rest. :loco:

lol, that's exactly what I've done! I keep listening to Falkenback; I haven't heard much else yet. :lol:

I'm getting through them...but now I'm re-listening to some stuff that I'm most likely selling (i.e. Bruce - Accident of Birth) so I can get a list to SSMT.

Erik said:
No, they're just regular letters approximating the shape of runes. It's "Weltanschauung" or "Mirovozzrenie", depending on whether you get the international or Russian version. My top album for 2005, either way.

Ok, I couldn't tell (I was looking for the 'Weltanschauung" title). This the cover?

NM_Weltanschauung.jpg

Shit, www.fmp666.com has it in stock for $13!!! *ordered*

Erik said:
All the lyrics are sung in Russian, and the between song interludes are wholly different. Completists may want both

So the other version has lyrics in English?

Are the between song things important enough for me to care? I just want to enjoy the music/songs.

Erik said:
No. I mean if I heard "The Trooper" as a single before "Piece of Mind" was released and thought it was the best track on the album should I disregard it as a part of the album when rating the full thing?

No, you're absolutely correct, but you wouldn't have listed "The Trooper" as one of the best albums of the previous year.

I can understand you listing it, but to say it's #1 is a massive stretch.

This album is pretty cool. Wish he would use his clean vox more though, that's his biggest selling point.

"Heralder" rules! It sounds like Bal Sagoth with that spoken outro ending. :loco: