I've been diagnosed with a brain tumor

etherealsadness

borderline personality
Sep 14, 2001
ask your mother...
Hello everybody, it has been a long time since I last posted. 5 months ago I was diagnosed with a malignant (agressive) brain tumor that was growing in my cerebellum. Through the last couple of months I've undergone all kinds of different treatmeants to stop the tumor from invading further into my brain. All the efforts were futile and at this point the countless doctors have given up hope that I will even live untill the ens of August. I have been a fan of Nevermore since the PoE days, and have been very priveledged to meet them on many different occasions. I hope them to continue thier music career and put out more amazing CDs like PoE and DNB. Jeff, I always thought you were amazing, luv ya always.... To the message board, I've seen all your sides, from the old board to the new one, Magister Templi, you stand out especialy. You have a very flambouyant character. I can say that about alot of you, Ledmag, Narrot... Too many to remember, I forget alot of things lately, don't even recognize my parents....

Love you all, All the best to (almost) every one

And to the band DON'T YOU EVER SELL OUT LIKE METALLICA DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renske Dagmar Witzen

oh shit... this sucks... i dont really know what to say, good luck i guess. maybe there will be something to come up which will somehow stop the tumor, if not... even though i havent talked to you much (if at all), if i was religous, id pray for you... but since im not, i hope you party your ass off and have a great time :)

I don't think I've ever spoken with you, although I've been on the boards for a while (mostly Opeth, but I am also a big Nevermore fan). My sincere best wishes and thoughts go out to you. Although we've never spoken, the interest in music we share brings a lot of people together, and helps a lot of people enjoy this short life we're given just a little bit more.
Peace, Dolph

Ethereal Sadness; I am truly sad to hear of your illness, my family is no stranger to cancer, so i understand somewhat.

My father had lymphoma, cancer of the lymph nodes, and a tumour curled around his aorta (extremely bad!), and they said it was 'inoperable' at the time, but it has now been two and a half years of remission after a successful course of chemo treatments... Keep hope alive, no matter what the doctors say, the human body is a strange thing at the best of times!

Keep listening to metal etherealsadness, metal is strength, and i hope you can garner some strength from the fact that there are so many of us united here under the banner of heavy metal...

Stay Metal, I truly hope that you reach peace within yourself, and ultimately get well again. :)

-Trapped

:mad: :mad: this REALLY sucks shit. this goddamned world is fucking unfair. it's not right. why the hell should we go on living, if shit like this happens to people like etherealsadness? there is no point anymore, really. it is our choice to continue on with life, even though bullshit like this happens to people every day. i wish i could believe in a better world, but i fucking can't. sorry for all the cursing, but it's the only way to voice my opinion with enough strength. . . goddammit, this is a fucking bitch. cancer, brain tumors, murders, it's all so fucking wrong. heller was right. the god that made the world like it is is a bumbling fool. this really beats the shit out of me, shit like this happens every day. what is the point anymore? what do we really get out of this life but heartache and despair? what a fucking world this is. god damn it to hell, if he hasn't already. :mad: :mad:

i'm sorry for being negative and angry, i know it probably doesn't help your situation, and for that i am sorry. truely sorry. but it is how i feel about this.

i hope that this work out for you, i wish you the best, in this world and the next. it is hard to find optomism in a case like this, but it is certainly possible. all i can say is. . .

I LOVE YOU, MAN!!! :)

:(

well you dont have to live long to realize what a fucking idiot that guy is

Maybe its not my place to say this, because I don't know either one of you, but god dammit, this isn't the thread to be arguing in. Take it somewhere else.

etherealsadness, I don't know you, but I'm really sorry to hear about this. That really, really sucks. The only other thing I can say is, I hope you somehow recover. You're a Nevermore fan, and in my book, Nevermore fans are the greatest people in existence.

Best wishes...

this is depressing...,..,i hope you will enjoy the rest of the time you have and to always keep metal at heart.,., \m/

This thread made me so sad :( .....I'm really sorry about your condition bro....i....i don't know what else to say :(....i wish you all the best.....GODDAMMIT ....i just noticed that you said august :( ....fuck .... good luck here and on the other side bro. :(

very sad to hear it, ethereal. I am usually never at a loss for words except when something this heavy comes down. I will be thinking of you.

it is times like this that should teach us the importance of living for the moment, for who knows when there will be another. I was in a car accident yesterday and although it was minor, it showed me how our existence on this plane is fleeting, and can be snuffed out in the blink of an eye...

That's really awful that you have to go through all of this horrible stuff.We can definatley hope for you that something comes along to strenghthen your chances or give you more time,also that you don't suffer much when time gets shorter...we all have to face our end some time or another...I guess it's just cruel fate interveining this time.Very,very,very sorry.When someone is suffering,even if it's someone we don't know,we can all find it in our hearts to sympathize and comfort.

I have ever come across in my life, you see we all come ehre to express are feelings, in regard to music and hopefully, to show how it may be great or sad, but never miserable.., and how they inter-twine with NEVERMORE(the band) as the centre piece.
I can honestly say alot fo people have become friends here. It just made me realize that life is precious, and now we lose a very special person, yes I remember you had an aweosme avatrar, but I never said that to you...should say heavenly(angelic). I hope (now I feel like I want to cry)..that the rest of the time, can not be painful, and that you will have the spirit to keep writing to us on the forum.
I really don't know what else to say, because I haven't really dealt with death a whole lot in my life,I will have to deal with it eventually. I wish to offer my condolonces.

I leave you this
=========================================

If the sign of life is in your face. He/She who responds to it will feel secure and fit. As when, in a friendly place, sure of hearty care, a traveler gladly waits. Though it may not taste like food and he/She may not see the fare or hear a sound of plates, how endless it is and how good!

–Lao Tzu, The Way of Life

Oh no... :cry: I don't post here too often, but I am deeply saddened by the news...

You know what?

Fuck what the doctors say...it's not over yet. Do not give up. A friend of mine lived 6 years longer than the time limit the doctor gave her. No one can say for sure what will happen. You've still got some living to do. Keep your spirits up, try to live each day to the fullest, play your metal LOUD.

Always remember that people are thinking of you. I wish you the best. Just don't give up.

Oh my god.

I have no idea what to say. I am crushed. I ahev been wondering where you have been.

I have faith, and i can hope for the best.

I am very sorry to be replying to this thread. I wish this thread had no need to be here. I will hope, and I WILL EVEN PRAY that you get better.

enjoy your self the best you can, rest, and be assured, you are in my thoughts.