I've been diagnosed with a brain tumor

Crap, I am heart broken. I never got to know you here, but dude, you're one of my metal brothers and so I sincerely wish you nothing but best with the time you have left. Do everything you've ever wanted to do and don't let your flame burn out! I would pray if I was religious, but I'm not, so I will just keep you in my thoughts and try to direct some postive energy your way. You never know, weird shit happens........
Stay metal forever.

Your replies made me cry for an hour, I didn't know what people would say, but even with cancer, terminal illnesses, hate and murder this shows that there is still faith in humanity that people can count on. That shows to me that there are great things in this world, things worth living for. I am not religious, but I do believe in people, people such as yourselves. I will keep on posting as long as I can. This was always a strange place, interesting, yet some of the stupidest topics I have ever seen also. They just make me laugh...

My 20th Birthday was supposed to be is September, the fucking docktos say it would be a 'miracle' if I survive that long, considering the position and the nature of my tumor.

By the way, I am a chick, don't worry if anyone mistook me for a guy, you can't ecsactly see me....

Love Renske

youll be here on your bday. ANd we will all wish you a happy one. YOu just wait and see.

Im not religiouse either, but im still going to pray. WHat can it hurt?

i have seen one of the greatest film in my life and then...

i turn off the dvd player i started my connection and on the forum of nevermore i read this...

this is not a case i think:)

nothing is a case anymore for us all:eek:

so i recommended to you my FRIEND:) (and also to everyone else out there)to see that film it is:

ASHES OF TIME by a great hong kong director WONG KAR WAI

it's a film about love,life,honour and expeciallly time!

time doesn't exist

it is only dust

live this life

please be strong and carry on

the only thing that i can give you is this:

:)

i hope is enough...

Originally posted by ledmag
youll be here on your bday. ANd we will all wish you a happy one. YOu just wait and see.

Oh, yeah, and we'll have a big online party here!! I don't want to miss that day, not for any price! When is your birthday exactly, Renske?

I remember that avatar mags, the angel-girl-thing... damn cool image :)

And yes, ledmag is right, we WILL see you here on your birthday, and we WILL wish you a happy one...

I remember having a conversation with you about a loved one of yours ethereal, in a way parallel to a loved one in my life. We shared a situation in common, and at the time i remember being glad that someone else was feeling what i was feeling... You are needed at this forum, so i will think of you every time i listen to my metal (Damn near all the bloody time :lol: ), and come here...

My only advice that i can give you, is read the lyrics to Chuck Schuldiner's "Individual Thought Patterns", it helped me through many of my hard times, and i can only hope that it might help you, or even bring a smile to your face at some point. :)

-Trapped (Kegan)

You can email me any-time you feel like it at politics_of_ecstasy@hotmail.com, even just to vent, or to chat...

I will now post this for you:

Destiny:

Time is a thing we must accept - The unexpected I sometimes fear - Just when I feel there's no excuse for what happens things fall into place - I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through to find the other half that is true - Destiny is what we all seek - Destiny was waiting for you and me

I believe behind confusion awaits the thruth for us - Past the obstacles we face - I value our life and trust -Years of questioning why things happen the way they do in life - Wishing that I could turn back time, so we could join our souls - I know there is no way to avoid the pain that we must go through, to find the other half that is true - Destiny is what we all seek - Destiny was waiting for you and me

Ignore my avatar.

I'm really at a loss for words. Though I dont know you, I can see that you're a truly good person, and only the good ones ever have to go through something like this. I wish you all the best.

Carpe Diem.

I'm not really good with these kinds of things(especially with saying something nice and meaningfull), so i'll try my best to say something nice.

These kinds of things always upset me, someone getting hit with such a terrible fate(if you believe in fate). It's just not fair. I'm reminded of a line in the remake of Insomnia that went something like this:
"If life is such a beautiful thing, then how come it's so damn fragile?"
I don't know if it really 'fits' with the condolences, but it just reminds me that life is a beautiful thing and that you should live up the rest of yours(which, BY THE WAY, will sure as fuck be to your next birthday!).
It is truly a shame that such a thing can happen to such a young person, to a good, honest and polite person...or to anyone in fact.
As many have said, it is my belief that you have a good chance to live longer than what the doctors say. Often times they are wrong, so don't dwell on their exact words and their "miracle" prediction of a 20th birthday bash. You'll celebrate your 20th, as will we.

I finish with a wish of good luck and good health.

P.s.
Keep on fuckin' rocking and listening to metal!

how i wish your thread had no reason to exist. Human beings tend to dismiss death! i guess that's the only way live is liveable. the way fate confronts us with death without mercy is sick and maybe not understandable for our small human minds. since i am not among those ppl who search a reason for fate, death and so on in religion i can't find comfort and i am not able to give you comfort.
let me only say this:
your still alive! there's no reason to give up. doctors misjudge like every other human being!
life is way to manifold to be experienced in one lifetime. but the time that we dwell together in this universe shall not be over that soon!
oh, i cant find more words...keep the faith...still the body is man's crutch...there's still hope...be strong!!!!!

david

Metal brother, metal sister, whatever, doesn't matter. Just stay positive and don't and try not to think about dying.
Check this out: This woman my mom used to work with, Mary, was diagnosed with some type of cancer and was given 6 months to live, 6 months at the MOST! And the doctor was all like, "Well, you better start making plans to have your family taken care of, blah blah blah." Mary just decided she wasn't going to have any of it, so she made up her mind that she wasn't going to die. Guess what? TEN years later she's still here!!! Not to give you false hopes or anything, but staying positive helps dramatically. And yes, you will be here for your 20th birthday, as long as you want to be!:)

Hey, etherealsadness!

I guess words are poor.
They always are!
Cause feelings always are much more.
I have lived this through the last months. Too many feelings and to few words to xpress them with.

Ok, this is different i have to admit.

It is strange to meet a thread like that here. This thread means that you have the guts to face things. Yep! I, speaking for me, nikos, am proud to know there are ppl like you out there. This shows that there is some hope to find some descent ppl. Like you.

But you know, what?
Etherealsadness maybe should be changed into eternalmight.
Cause you set a fine exmple of might.
And with this might, i know ppl have made it beyond any expectation of drs.

And i have faith that, as prometheus has given light to ppl, so shall you stand a bright example among us. Example of courage, strength.

Beyond the veils, behind all mirrors, where souls stand naked and alone, there is our sanctuary, for each one of us. Whispering Nevermore, with such a strong whisper that all gardens of gray bloom overnight.
There, you hear no hurting words.
There we just dream in neon black. And we swim across the lakes meeting in sweet dreamtime.
And our dead hearts, then revive. There we are not insignificant.

Just some sanity assisins aren't enough to take away dreams.
There, the sorrowed men keep their eyes to distant places, they listen to the sounds of silence, so meaningful. Silent, but not deadly.

I ll play the optimist.

That was truely very beautifull, the way that you intwined all those lyrycs/titles was something I will have to remember (I hope that will still be a lonf time) ...

To all of you thanks again, I will try to be here as often as I can, since I can't do much else...

My avatar (I don't know why it won't display) was a drawing of a girl named Rei from a Japanese anime series called ' Neon Genesis Evangelion', it was one of my favourites. Only 26 episodes and one movie called 'The End of Evangelion'. It is about the end of the world, a big psychological mind game with two different endings. I recomend it to anyone who wants to contemplate the fate and purpose of human life.

Hey man, you're a fuckin bad ass for keeping your head up through all of this and living like there's nothing wrong. That's fucking balls, man. I am not a frequenter of most boards but I'm glad I was able to catch your thread today. I have never met you before but I hope I'll see you in here often. Nothing worse than to see someone come and go so soon. I made a friend my freshman year of high school and unfortunately, things were not good for him, and he took his own life. It sucks to hear things like that, you know? Keep your head up. You had a great post back there man.