This is a correction about Etherealsadness

It's been 10 years since Renske's death and this series of posts were initiated.

Just thought I'd add my two cents: the person claiming to be Renske's sister (Sandra) is telling the truth here, as far as I can tell. All of her facts match up to reality.

I'm a friend of Renske's from high school, Queen of Angels Academy in 1996-1997 in Dorval, Quebec. We were very, very close friends at the time, around age 14. Ultimately we drifted apart soon after because she started to behave strangely, and was lying about things for no apparent reason. She claimed that she was seeing Minotaurs and such; at the time I thought she was lying for attention. Later on I came to learn that she did, as Sandra explains, suffer from deep emotional problems. But under all that she was a wonderful person.

In our later teens we drifted apart at different schools but I kept in touch from time to time. Then, one night in 2002 her close friend who lived nearby in Beaconsfield called me and told me that she had committed suicide by jumping in front of a train. The whole thing was very hush hush and indeed never showed up in the newspapers or Obituaries.

I did talk to Renske sometime in the fall of 2001, the last time we spoke. She admitted to having some mental health problems and I believe she had spent some time in the Allen Memorial hospital as well. Or so she claimed, I was never too sure if what she told me was accurate or not.

Indeed, her dad was a diplomat from the Netherlands. Indeed, Renske had two younger sisters, Winnie and Sandra (the later a twin). Everything about Sandra's story adds up, though the last time I saw Sandra she was still very young as we were only 13.

Rest in Peace, Renske. I was thinking of you tonight and randomly came upon these posts from a decade ago. Anyway, for what it's worth, I posted here to support Sandra's posts.

You are missed, Renske. Hugs.

I would venture to guess that is because this thread was created before you even registered on UM :)