I've Heard The New Album!!!

Thanks for the update. It just sucks we have to wait this long.... Hey! The could release it a EARLY through the site? Maybee ? pOSSIBLY? Aw shit. There is probably some legal shit that would prevent as early release on the site.

One more question: does Charlie often use a ride bell (cymbal) in new songs? I'd like to know that because if you listen carefully to his drumming for last 14 years, you can notice that he's been using the ride bell very seldom. Lots metal drummers use the ride in their drumming but Charlie belongs the ones they use a crash cymbal (especially in choruses) and I must say he does it great.

some real electric fuzzy stuff almost like 70s Who and U2 in places. Some more atmospheric stuff than we've heard before. There's some really fun rock stuff like early Def Leppard without the cheesiness.

When there's the Who, U2 & Def Leppard got mentioned regarding Anthrax's new album, there should be alot to offer.

Ohhhh.. i can't wait...:

Originally posted by jackfromczech
One more question: does Charlie often use a ride bell (cymbal) in new songs? I'd like to know that because if you listen carefully to his drumming for last 14 years, you can notice that he's been using the ride bell very seldom. Lots metal drummers use the ride in their drumming but Charlie belongs the ones they use a crash cymbal (especially in choruses) and I must say he does it great.

Yeah, Charlie mostly uses crash/ride for riding. He mentions it in one interview as well, that he loves "crash riding". As an example, see "Only" video.

Charlie used a ride bell e.g. in the chorus of "One World":

..."ONE WORLD - Welcome to it
ONE WORLD - Don't abuse it ...."

and a cow bell he used in the start of "Piss & Vinegar".