Ok, I heard the promo CD for "We've Come For You All"

Dr.Love

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
It has "What Doesn't Die", "Safe Home", "Taking the Music Back" and "Think About An End" on it.

The stuff's not bad. On the first few listens, I don't think it holds up to SOWN or the other Bush-era albums.

"What Doesn't Die" is the heaviest of the bunch, with a lot of fast kick drum, and start-stop quick riffing. It has that nu-metal "waah waah" kinda noise (nice description huh? :) ) during the chorus. The song doesn't sound like Korn or anything though, so don't worry.

"Safe Home" is good. Kind of one of those "hard-ballad" songs. Though again, it doesn't up to Black Lodge, Harms Way or Bare.
The chorus is fantastic, it's that the beginning of the verses are kind of bland/generic. I really like the chorus though.

The beginning riff of "taking the music back" sounds like that STP song. Don't know what it's called, but the words go "Please to meet you" yadda yadda. Just the part, the song as a whole sounds completely different. This song, as well as "think about an end"...they're hard but not...ohhhh how to put it?

I don't know...if you're hoping for an old school romp, then this just isn't the album for you. If you dug Volume 8, you'll probably like this, though from hearing about half the album, my initial reaction is that I like the other Bush-era albums better.

If the rest of the album follows the path of these songs, it's the most commercial sounding Anthrax album to date in my opinion. I could picture hearing any of these chorus' on alternative radio.

But hey, if they manage to get some major attention with this album, good for them, they deserve it and have certainly more than payed their dues.

I'm pretty sure a lot of fans in the "metal community" aren't gonna like a lot of this stuff. But if you're a fan of Volume 8, I'm sure you won't hate it.

Hmmm.... sounds like what I expected....

Well, I like the Volume 8 sound, even though I know others won't like you said, so I am looking foward to hearing this...

each to there own dude,i have been a fan for 14 years and they have never let me down,i am still expecting this record to crush volume by a country mile while not completely forgetting bout the oldschool.

by the way where exactly did u hear this???

every john bush album has taken me a few listens to really soak it all up,u might be more positive once u have heard the album fully a few times over.

My friend had it. I'm assuming the promo has been leaked.

I don't mean my post to sound negative in anyway, the songs just weren't overwhelming.

Consider this like COC's "Wiseblood" in comparison to "Deliverance"...or this is like "Reinventing the Steel" in comparison to "Vulgar Display of Power".

It's good, I just think they've done this sound a little better on their last few albums. Although any final judgement is being held until I have the full album blowing out my home stereo system!

After all, there is still half the album to go, including the one I'm most curious about; "Strap On My Old School".

***Edit***
Yeah, like I said, still haven't heard the rest. So maybe the other half is "thrashier" or heavier.

Safe Home:
"I've been places in my head
...........what's ahead
............like a dream

what it is I know, you've always been my safe home"

What Doesn't Die:
"You
Cannot Kill
What Doesn't Die

.......to my promise
.......realize"

Taking the Music Back:
"Your lies have told me where I've been
Your lies have made me who I am
Your lies have made me start

It's so fuckin hard

I am
taking the music
I am
taking the music back
I'm taking it back"

Haha...not the best I know, but that's as good as I can remember right now. :)

Thanks dude! :headbang:

"Safe Home" sounds like 'Black Lodge' lyrics, or something else of SOWN

"What doesn't die" sounds like a spreading the disease type lyric...

"Taking the music back" sounds different to anything they have done...

...at least, that's what I can tell from those samples... :D

You only heard five songs, out of sequence. Of the five you heard, four of those are on the more accessible end of Anthrax.
You didn't hear Black Dahlia (blast beats from Benante!!) or Superhero (giant riff) or Any Place But Here (more riffing) or We've Come For You All (Bush insanity).
Think About An End is very anthemic with a great double lead thing and an Iron Maidenish middle.
Taking The Music Back sounds like a radio song but is probably too heavy to be on the radio.
Safe Home is brilliant. If that song doesn't get radio play there is something wrong. It's better than anything on the radio.

They are all heavy, not commercial.

When you hear the whole record in context, a song like Safe Home makes more sense. It's dynamics.

Don't judge this record by a promo CD. It's much deeper than Vol 8.
It's the best production I've heard Anthrax have.

Originally posted by Mr. Wu

Don't judge this record by a promo CD. It's much deeper than Vol 8.

I said that a couple posts ago.

But like I said, I think of the 6 songs I've heard so far, this sounds like most "radio friendly" 'Thrax record.

That doesn't mean it sounds like Puddle of Mudd or some shit, but if there is a radio station plays Disturbed, Stone Sour, a lot of this stuff could fit in with that. Again, that's not saying it sounds like either of those bands, but it would appeal to that crowd.

Do you have any more in depth descriptions or comparisons for the rest of the material Mr.Wu?

Overall I think this is Bush's best record. He sounds stronger than ever.
If "radio friendly" means catchy choruses, then these songs are strong. Even a song as brutal as Black Dahlia has a catchy chorus. I remembered most of the record after one listen.
The lead work by Rob is also something that makes this better than anything they've done in a while. His lead playing is very aggressive when it should be. He pulls back when he needs to and he adds a lot of textures to the choruses.
Cadillac Rock Box sounds like Lynyrd Skynyrd meets Metallica with a really big riff.
Great lead by Dimebag.
Anyway, don't listen to mine or anyone else's opinion.
Hear it for yourself. When you can.