My review of the We've Come for You All advance promo...

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
"What Doesn't Die" this song kicks serious ass. I think this is the type of sound that Rob brings to the fold, it sounds like old Anthrax riffing, but has some Zombieesque sound effects going on. Lyrical, it sounds like something Bush would have written for the Saints, but that is a good thing.

"Safe Home" i haven't decided if I'm a huge fan of this one or not. If it's the worst song on the new album, it is still as good or better than anything Metallica or Megadeth put out in the last decade.

"Taking the Music Back" If Anthrax were on a real label, this would be heard on your local station every day. The song is just that damned good. Hopefully the fact that Daltrey is on it will make AOR stations pick it up. It would also make a killer second or third song in the live set - if they opened w/ "Among" or "Caught" and segued write into this song before doing the "Hello _______(your city name here)" I think this track fits perfectly. It would definitely let the crowd know that they are "taking the music back."

"Refuse to be Denied" When I initially heard this tune on 9/11 I wasn't really that impressed. It is not a great stand alone track, but w/in the context of the rest of the record, it works. Cool song. It will be interesting to see where it gets tracked on the final mix of the record. To me it sounds like a good song to start side two of the record. Even though they rarely make records even more (hey, I'm old)

"Think about an End." Here we have a song that is almost epic in it's scope. I love this song. If this record is Anthrax's swan song(and I think they have another record left in them after this BTW) then they are going out w/ a bang. This song is getting cranked constantly by your's truly. Lyrically Ian and Bush have written a gem here, and musically, well, if you haven't heard it, it is a good melodic rocker, and then when it reaches the bridge, it has a Sabbathy/Pantera hook in it, that will hook you in.

"Superhero" Classic Benante song that is both a metal mosher, but yet still has the kind of commercial appeal that would leave Mustaine and Ulrich turning red with envy. A melody line and a hook that you will not soon forget, and lyrics that will leave you singing along in your car. If it were 1993 and radio still played heavy music, everyone in America would already know this one.

"Nobody Knows Anything" Charlie don't cheat!! This is a great song, but the drumming is soooo outstanding that that is what you will remember.

Originally posted by johnnieCzech
IMO Safe Home is great! Mainly the chorus and the guitar solo (very "classic rock")!

Definitely. Anthrax have been showing their roots on the last couple of records. Bush is a huge Thin Lizzy and UFO fan, and Charlie has been getting into "southern rock" along w/ Zeppelin, and newer stuff that has the retro sound (oasis) and this song reflects all of that. Anthrax wear their influences on their sleeves that is for sure.

I'm not really a big fan of Superhero or Refuse to be Denied...still kind of undecided on Safe Home Taking the Music Back...What Doesn't Die is pretty damn cool...and Think About an End, well that harmonized lead just makes the whole song. It fuckin' rules.

Originally posted by Emperor Nakoo Hiryuu
I'm not really a big fan of Superhero or Refuse to be Denied...still kind of undecided on Safe Home Taking the Music Back...What Doesn't Die is pretty damn cool...and Think About an End, well that harmonized lead just makes the whole song. It fuckin' rules.

I like how dark they managed to make "Superhero" sound. It just has this pervading sense of doom and gloom.

"Think About an End" has a riff that sounds like something Tom Morello would write. Incidentally, "Rage against the machine," and "Killing in the name" are lyrics. I wonder if that is a coincidence, or if it is a nod, like "You Ask Me Can I Deliver" being a nod to "Can U Deliver."

I think "Taking the Music Back" is just catchy as hell. It sounds like a Cheap Trick song delivered by Pantera. Someone said it sounds like Motley Jew. Huh. The melody is similar to "Looks that Kill." Is it possible that this song was written on the 2000 Maximum Rock tour??????

I'm still not sold on "Safe Home" though. It is growing on me however.

I haven't heard the studio version of Superhero yet, just the crappy bootleg, so I won't comment on it yet. So far my favorite songs are Refuse To Be Denied followed by What Doesn't Die.

Taking the Music Back almost sounds like it could have been a Motley Crue song. I'm not saying that that's good or bad, it just kind of reminds me of when I used to listen to Crue. It's catchy, and I agree, it could easily be a radio play kind of song.

As for Safe Home and Think About an End, they're okay, but I'm still waiting to hear the rest of the album, hoping that there will be more there to blow me away.

safe home is my fave today lol followed by think about an end.

i have heard superhero on knac.com and it was killer,the only thing i didnt like was the effects on john vocals,woulda been better if they left it well alone!!!

Refuse isnt on the promo either, it was on the website and got ripped from it and distributed online...but it's being distrubuted with the promo now in mp3 format i guess

i'm sure one of the new songs has a really 'maiden' type riff to it somewhere in the middle section, can't remember which song it was though.
but definitely they are showing a lot of influences in their music.
i think this record will be a classic and one of those that you will listen to over and over again.

Originally posted by TD

"Think About an End" has a riff that sounds like something Tom Morello would write. Incidentally, "Rage against the machine," and "Killing in the name" are lyrics.

The riff in this song is actually very RATM-like. It's very similar to one RATM song main riff (I'm not sure about the title - is it Bulls On Parade?), the shuffle end of Think... sound very much like classic Black Sabbath, the guitar licks are bit Iron Maidenish... but the sound kills overall.

Originally posted by max
i'm sure one of the new songs has a really 'maiden' type riff to it somewhere in the middle section, can't remember which song it was though.
but definitely they are showing a lot of influences in their music.
i think this record will be a classic and one of those that you will listen to over and over again.

It's Think About An End you're talking about.

Still listening to Safe Home. This is a great song. This album, even if not a commercial sucess, is gonna be great. I never got into judging a band on how many records they sell anyways. I have over three hundred cd's and over half are obscure no name bands that just had the right sound for me.

Originally posted by one man stands
Still listening to Safe Home. This is a great song. This album, even if not a commercial sucess, is gonna be great. I never got into judging a band on how many records they sell anyways. I have over three hundred cd's and over half are obscure no name bands that just had the right sound for me.

Of course I agree with you, but the coin has two sides... and you know they have to make ends meet. So, it would be very sad if the record still didn't sell. I really believe this would be one of the greatest records worldwide, and I still fear that the whole world wouldn't even notice.

Hey, even my wife is singing along to Safe Home!!! She digs this tune, for the first time ever she's liking an Anthrax track. It must be cool.............either that or it's just too catchy (lol) !!!!!!!

Seriously it is a killer song, and I'm still betting that isn't Charlie playing the FULL lead!!!!!