My Review of We've Come for you All...

redeyes

most likely to mosh
Mar 23, 2002
New Mexico
Visit site
First off this album is growing on me, which I believe means it is a really great album. All of my favorite albums from past years have taken time to turn out that way. Anyways..

1. Intro-pretty cool, nothing stupid or cliche about it i think, good intro, some acoustic guitar and a little noise turning in a raging wall of sound

2. What Dosent Die - REALLY FAST DRUMMING, charlie is shinning here, very much in the Sound of White noise sound. Great shifts in rythym, catchy, also fast song. Breaks into a stomp442 like middle part, slower more grinding.

3. Superhero - FUCKING MOSHING, nice erie clean guitar parts, chunky rifting, catchy, awesome, a favorite right off the bat. Some people may disagree, but this song would have fit perfectly on Among the living. ***

4. Refuse to be Denied- Quite catchy, acoustic intro followed by the scream of death, heheh. This dosent really remind me of any other antrax, but a great tune in its own right, not too fast, but rocking metal. Tribute to 9/11 for those that dont know.

5. Safe Home- GREAT SONG, one of my favs off this album. The chorus will have you singing along. Slow rocking tune, new style anthrax. Fucking great. ***

6. Anyplace but here- Awesome song, the chorus reminds me of AC/DC for a minute, and then rips off somewhere else. Vocals are particulary great here.
Definately a favorite on the album. Great rifting, new style, with other stuff thrown in. Very unique sounding I think. A fav of mine off this album. ***

7. Nobody Knows Anything- MY FAVORITE SONG BY FAR ON THIS ALBUM.
Think fucking Among the living, with sicker drumming. The riffs CRUSH. Nothing new style about this, old school all the way. AND MOTHERFUCKER, LISTEN TO THE DRUMS and timing shifts. Just spectacular. *****************

8. Strap It On- Crushing song. Great chorus. Catchy for sure. Slower tune, more hard rock style. I think it sounds a bit like Alice in Chains. New Style.

9. Black Dahlia- FUCKING BRUTAL. Old school style, more like SLAYER. Sick drumming. I love this tune. A favorite, probably as good as Nobody Knows Anything. Fast, great. ******************

10. Caddilac Rock Box- Think FU-Manchu. Rocking slower bluesy tune. Very catchy and has that bigger then life PIMPING FEEL. Brings up an image of Las Vegas, and women and shit. Definately new stuff for the Thrax boys. I like it. A favorite. ***

11. Taking the music back - First song I learned to play on my guitar off the album. Very catchy, crushing riffs, great chorus. All that I love in anthrax. A favorite right away. Reminds me of old school stuff a little and also new school. ******************

12. Crash - wierd interlude thing, nothing much musically here, not bad either

13. Think about an End - A great song, I like the end better then the beginning. Fucking crushing riff. Overall a great tune. Fast, with great lead harmonies. Not a favorite, but not a bad song.

14. We've come for you all - right now I dont like this song at all, which means two things to me. Either I havent listned to it as much as the other tunes and hasnt grown on me, or it just sucks. Not a slow tune, not new school, sorta odd. Check back after a few months. :)

So as you all can see, the more stars I gave a tune the better I liked it. Im sure there will be some disagreements over who likes what, but I tried to get the basic stylic differences down.

Overall A great album, NO REALLY! Another Among the Living? NO. But I wasnt really expecting that either.

I think like all Anthrax fans, I want to see one more album like Among, but who knows if they boys are still up to writing that kind of stuff.

PS. There is a hidden track of sorts on the last track after the track ends and some silence. Its like an indian drum circle tune but with some humming over it. ODD

REDEYES.......I am holding out until April and buying the package ANTHRAX wants me to have. So I love reading every review I can. Yours was one of the most informative and well written ones I have seen. Excellent Job!

I have also decided the last track We are coming for you all is a favorite, it is probably most like stuff off Sound of White Noise, hard stuff, took me a while to warm up to it, but I love it as an ending song for the album. ***
;)

I think What Doesn't Die will open - seems like it flows on from the Intro too well not to use as opener, but hey, anything will be brilliant....

yea, intro then in What Doesnt Die would kick ass.

But i dont know if Among The Living could be replaced as the opener, its just one of those songs you cant top.

I've heard 4 songs and the intro so far. What doesn't Die, We've come for you all, taking the music back, and Caddilac Rock Box. All I can say is that I will be getting it the first week it is out if not the first day. I really like what I've heard so far.

Originally posted by MADTHRAX
yea, intro then in What Doesnt Die would kick ass.

But i dont know if Among The Living could be replaced as the opener, its just one of those songs you cant top.

More often than not, Anthrax open w/ the opening number from their latest album. So history tells us that "What Doesn't Die" will be the opener.

They shoud open with among the living, play through the first chorus and then segue(sp?) into what doesn't die !! Charle's in charge, what do you think of that !??!!?!?

well for those that don't have a copy of the album redeyes review is pretty spot on, even down to the "anyplace but here" ac/dc rip ( cmon cmon ...run before the money !!)......

onyl a few things i disagree with really....persoanlly i love the entire album, tho the last two tracks .......(taking the music back and we have come for you all) aren't the best and prolly could have been saved for b sides.......... as for faves

its all the drum led ones......what doesn't die, nobody knows anything, black dahlia and um...lets say refuse to be denied.....

this is a killer album totally killer, it won't dissappoint any fans from the bush era at all, i don't reckon any of these songs would fit onto among the living tho, the sound is too different......

easily album of the year hands down......

i too hope that what doesn't die opens the set......well personally i hope its...the intro......then complete drakness, then anthrax appear to full lights, and the beats of what doesn't die pouding out !!!!! mmmmmmmm cmon tour......

random acts and fueled as opener is a hard act to follow but they got plenty of ammo to top that

lets hope random acts is on the setlist for the tour.