I've Heard These Evergrey Guys Before...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...on a sample CD. I don't remember the song.

Anyway, I've seen their stuff promoted with Devin Townsend's band and I was wondering if these guys were as good as it shows with some of the critical acclaim that they've been receiving...

Is it melodic? Majestic? Brutal? Cheesy?

Just wondering...thanks...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
...on a sample CD. I don't remember the song.

Anyway, I've seen their stuff promoted with Devin Townsend's band and I was wondering if these guys were as good as it shows with some of the critical acclaim that they've been receiving...

Is it melodic? Majestic? Brutal? Cheesy?

Just wondering...thanks...

Its all of the above ; )
' t

I don't think that Evergrey is very cheesy...really good subjects in the songs and no sign of Manowar-like things. Cheesy isn't bad though :)
They're at times heavy,pretty melodic and definitely emotional. You should just check out one of their albums.

I would go for Recreation Day, and then for In Search..., or the other way around. The first two are very good, but have not such an excellent sound, beside the fact they are quite old. You're more likely to fall in love with the two latest ones, I presume. At least RD knocked me out :loco:

I still haven't gotten into In Search Of Truth. I think that Solitude,Dominance,Tragedy is far better. Perhaps even The Dark Discovery is...Trust And Betrayal and For Every Tear That Falls are just too emotional.

Although I think that you (Overlord Purple Rainbow) should just go to your local cd store and tell them that you want to listen to the cd's so you know which to buy if they don't have a listening booth.

NP:Katatonia - Right Into The Bliss