Morrigan - Headcult
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

Best Re-release of 2005:

Mayhemic Truth - In Memoriam

Best Demo of 2005:

Wreck of the Hesperus - Eulogy for the Sewer Dwellers

Best EP of 2005:

Woodtemple - Hidden in Eternal Shadow

Interesting Extras. But yeah, where's your Top 10? Are you having as hard a time as I am with one this year? I've narrowed down about 8 for sure but am having a damned hard time filling those last two spots. There's too much I don't want to leave as just another runner-up.

it's simple. if i want nile, that means i want black seeds of vengeance, not rehasherama.

top 10 is tough

J. said:
Best Songs of 2005:
Falkenbach - Heralder
Manegarm - Hemfard
Primordial - The Coffin Ships
Rudra - There the Sun Never Shines

It's amazing. Albums aside, we can almost entirely agree on brilliant songs. The fact your list is so close to mine makes me want to check out "Nachtfalke - Let Me Die". I assume I should right?

Best Retro Find of 2005:

Skyclad

I can't imagine what you'll think of Sabbat's "Dreamweaver". Do you have that yet?

Most Disappointing Albums of 2005:

Thyrfing - Farsotstider
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Grand Magus - Wolf's Return

Agreed again, although none were bad albums per se. I didn't mind the Grand Magus release at all but I do agree, however, that Monument was better.

Return of 2005:

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

Why is this a "return", did they ever really go away? In any case, I actually prefer HonoUr ValoUr Pride, but Karl Willets rules supreme for sure.

JayKeeley said:
It's amazing. Albums aside, we can almost entirely agree on brilliant songs. The fact your list is so close to mine makes me want to check out "Nachtfalke - Let Me Die". I assume I should right?

If you like the Hammerheart with black metal vocals, yes. FOr fans of Falkenbach, Morrigan, Hades, you know.

Why is this a "return", did they ever really go away? In any case, I actually prefer HonoUr ValoUr Pride, but Karl Willets rules supreme for sure.

I just figured since it's been five years, and they got their original vocalist back.

J - did you hear the latest from Solefald? Although overall it wasn't too consistent (and yes, the harsh vocals are lacking), it does have 2 SUPREME songs that standout in 2005.

-Sun I Call
-Crater of the Valkyries

I just get the impression that these might interest you A LOT. Slightly off the cuff, but great nevertheless.

J. said:
Best Songs of 2005:

Nokturnal Mortum - Hailed Be the Heroes

Yes! Best song on the album, no doubt. That woodwind middle section that pops in out of nowhere is simply majestic.