fuck you, 2005 was a pretty good year

It's hard to remember everything that came out this year but my top 10 will probably be chosen from the following bands at the end of the year:

Nokturnal Mortum
Svartkraft
Misantropical Painforest
Morrigan
Countess
Krynitza
Antimatter
Drudkh
Jesu
Pelican
Red Sparrows
Nachtfalke
Tyranny
Ondskapt
Deathspell Omega
Lurker of Chalice

And I'm sure I'm forgetting many others from this year I liked.

Décadent said:
It it a bunch of humanity hating palm trees?

If only!!!

Misantropical-Painforest-Winds-Saturate-with-Inhumane-Longing.jpg

The only REAL win I've heard so far this year has gotta be NOKTURNAL MORTUM. Some will say "Yeah, but haven't you heard 'A Taste of Victory'?" THE BEST TWO SONGS ON THE ALBUM ARE NOT ON THE EP. Of course I'm referring to tracks 2 and 6 (Ukr. version).

Haven't heard the new KD but it should be pretty sweet as well.

Dick Sirloin said:
The only REAL win I've heard so far this year has gotta be NOKTURNAL MORTUM. Some will say "Yeah, but haven't you heard 'A Taste of Victory'?" THE BEST TWO SONGS ON THE ALBUM ARE NOT ON THE EP. Of course I'm referring to tracks 2 and 6 (Ukr. version).
i wouldnt go that far, but they are certainly very cool songs
icon14.gif

my favourites are still novaja era mechej and vkus pobedy

Can we really even call them 'black metal' anymore?

They're one of the few bands (along with Arcturus and several others) who actually got BETTER as their style evolved away from BM.

ugh what? they did have plenty of folk elements on that. granted, they played it on synths instead of real folk instruments but still... they kinda dropped them on "gates..." though but generally i think the folk influences are more than evident on all their releases

Well, I don't really call it folk since it's all done with keyboards... compared to the crazy folk breakdowns on the new one, it's VERY different.

EDIT: I realize that the first part of this statement could bring many contrary examples.

EDIT 2: More folk elements than "NeChrist"?