fuck you, 2005 was a pretty good year

i think it was delayed, maybe its just out for europe?

whatd you think of the samples erik? i didnt listen to oall of them but were thery very diffrerent from the older albuims?

i really doubt (m)any of you have heard it but i would DEFINITELY add Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt, fucking outstanding swedish prog-psych album

edit: i lose, that one's 2004 :erk:

but i do nominate The Works s/t, very much the same vein, same description applies :kickass:

Erik said:
nope!

"OH WE WENT BACK TO OUR THRASH ROOTS FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS I PROMISE THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ALBUM OF CRINGEWORTHY MALLCORE AND HORRIBLE CHUGGA CHUGGA RIFFS LIKE EVERY ALBUM SINCE NEVER NEVERLAND BUY THIS PLEASE"
-- jeff waters

nope!

You know, the funny thing is, he really did say this shit again (for a Terrorizer interview). He said that it was a return to style in the vein of Alice in Hell, no shit.

Why he sets himself up for failure each and every time is beyond me. I'm beginning to think that someone else wrote Alice in Hell and Neverland.

mm so far (besides tenhi anyway) in no order

moonsorrow - verisakeet
witchcraft - firewood
panthiest - amartia
mournful congregation - mondad of creation (quite the year for doom, two of the best releases in the past 5 years! imo)
umbra nihl - gnoia (go firebox)
alcest - le secret (yes erik i love it too)
deathspell omega - kenose
october falls - marras

Erik said:
nope!

"OH WE WENT BACK TO OUR THRASH ROOTS FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS I PROMISE THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ALBUM OF CRINGEWORTHY MALLCORE AND HORRIBLE CHUGGA CHUGGA RIFFS LIKE EVERY ALBUM SINCE NEVER NEVERLAND BUY THIS PLEASE"
-- jeff waters

nope!

have not listend to Annihilator since Alice in Hell ... so this is same ole same ole to me :loco:

ok lets do this over:

1. Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet
Mournful Congregation - The Monad Of Creation
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung/Mirovozrennie
Drudkh - The Swan Road
Triarii - Ars Militaria
Der Blutharsch - Live at the Monastery (Live CD)
Negurã Bunget - Inarborat Kosmos (EP)
Current 93 - At Sunset Black Ships Ate The Sky (CDS)
Wigrid - "…die Asche eines Lebens“

Good, but didn't quite make the cut:
Taake - Doedskvad (listened to it a couple of times, but wasn't really in the mood to continue listening to it through the summer, and haven't tried it again since around the time it was released)
Temnozor - Folkstorm of the Azure Nights (50/50 album, actually: some songs are AMAZING but others are crud giving it an overall 5-6/10 quality when there are some 9/10 songs on it)
Hate Forest - Sorrow (good, but not good enough)

Undecided:
YOB - The Unreal Never Lived
Reverend Bizarre - Crush The Insects
October Falls - Marras
The Elemental Crysalis - The Calycobe Collection
Jesu - Jesu

awaiting to hear:
Sunn O))) - Black One (tbh, I don't really feel much desire to check this one out)
Pagan Hellfire - In Desolation, In Ruins (ordered)
Graveland - Fire Chariot of Destruction (same as Sunn, but I'll probably listen to it eventually)
Helrunar - Frostnacht (ordered)
Mourning Beloveth - A Murderous Circus (I entirely forgot about this one, FUCK)

we'll try that: :)

Crimson Velvet said:
Shit, I've so much of Falkenbach, yet I've never checked 'em out properly! What album should I start with?

*gasp*

They're 1 of my 3 favorite viking-flavored bands (along w/ Moonsorrow & Thyrfing). I'd immediately get Magni Blandinn ok Megintiri (I think their debut) and then get the follow-up, Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty.

I might be butchering those spellings, but you'll get the idea. Both albums are ***** classics IMO.

While things aren't as fresh in my mind as some of the other regulars around here, you might not like Falkenbach too much if you're not keen on Moonsorrow. They're not the same, of course, but VERY similar bands IMO.