fuck you, 2005 was a pretty good year

nah. sunn O))) and meshuggah are the only really good metal releases i've heard this year. non-metal stuff had like two INCREDIBLE albums, and then a handful of okay.

metal needs a kick in the balls, but it got one in 2003 so i'm not jonesin' for one just yet.

the caveat is of course, "what i've heard" as usual. :loco:

but the primordial, pelican, and dredg albums are okay but nothing amazing. i mean after a few weeks, i stopped listening to all of those.

god damn nad said:
the caveat is of course, "what i've heard" as usual. :loco:

but the primordial, pelican, and dredg albums are okay but nothing amazing. i mean after a few weeks, i stopped listening to all of those.

Ok . Check The Evpatoria Report man :worship:

lurch70 said:
check out the new Annihilator
nope!

"OH WE WENT BACK TO OUR THRASH ROOTS FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS I PROMISE THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ALBUM OF CRINGEWORTHY MALLCORE AND HORRIBLE CHUGGA CHUGGA RIFFS LIKE EVERY ALBUM SINCE NEVER NEVERLAND BUY THIS PLEASE"
-- jeff waters

nope!

MajestikMøøse said:
this is what it's looking like so far roughly

First Tier albums (ART)
1. Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet
Mournful Congregation - The Monad Of Creation
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung
Drudkh - The Swan Road

Second Tier albums (art, but on a lesser scale)
Triarii - Ars Militaria
Taake - Doedskvad
Temnozor - Folkstorm of the Azure Nights (50/50 album, actually: some songs are AMAZING but others are crud)
Hate Forest - Sorrow

eighty-second tier (entertainment)
Epoch of Unlight - The Continuum Hypothesis
Opeth - Ghost Reveries (maybe if I listen more... it might graduate to eighty-first tier)

Two-million-three-hundred-and-eighteen-thousand-seven-hundred-and-twenty-fifth Tier albums (bad entertainment)
November's Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor

and yet even further down:
SHIT SHIT SHIT WTF SHIT (I WANT TO POP MY EARDRUMS WITH A RUSTY SPORK THIS IS SO BAD)
Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring

great Live Albums/DVDs
Der Blutharsch - Live at the Monastery CD
Katatonia - Live at Krakow DVD

EPs/Singles
Negura Bunget - Inarborat Kosmos
Current 93 - At Sunset Black Ships Ate The Sky
Peccatum - The Moribund People

Worthy Re-releases of note:
Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind (Remastered 2CD)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore DLP (esp. wooden box ed.) and The Mantle DLP

awaiting to hear yet or haven't listened to enough
Sunn O))) - Black One
Reverend Bizarre - Crush The Insects
Pagan Hellfire - In Desolation, In Ruins
Wigrid - "…die Asche eines Lebens“
Graveland - Fire Chariot of Destruction
October Falls - Marras (2005, right?)
Jesu - Jesu
YOB - The Unreal Never Lived (probably top tier material, but I want to give it some more time)
so what's up with you listing neither sol invictus nor of the wand and the moon, you neo nazi you?

Erik said:
this is fucking terrible.

I found it mildly amusing, probably 82nd tier is a complement though. also remember that there are 80 unspoken tiers between that one and the 2nd one.

so what's up with you listing neither sol invictus nor of the wand and the moon, you neo nazi you?

I actually didn't enjoy the 2005 SI much at all, and OtWatM, I haven't heard. I probably should.