Jackson RR-LL...

Barr WildChild

Bambi Slaughter
Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Jackson%20RR-LL.gif

Hello,

Im sure some of you are familiar with this guitar.. it's a Finland only guitar and I think about 60 were made..

I have a question and I hope some of you know the awnser..

What pick-up is in there?

if you're lucky it's the same model Alexi has.... a special designed humbucker for Scott Ian (Anthrax) made by Jackson. In case the story about that deal Alexi and Ian had is true... ;)

yep, kim once said it was a custom humbucker that jackson made for ian of anthrax, but from the pictures it looks like either an EMG or one of jackson's active ones. speakin of custom humbucker, scott ian also has a custom bucker from seymour duncan called diablo.......

hm I think it's a passive humbucker when I look closeley at the picture... at least it looks like two coils with those "dots" for each string -> passive humbucking pick-up. I also heard the LL-RR series is actually a modified version of the RR3 series. Then it'd be a Duncan Design by Jackson propably.

The point is. That is NOT the same guitar Alexi is. it has NOT got that active Jackson pick-up some were talking about..

I too believe the pick-up in the RR-LL has a passive pick-up.. so I thought some of you might know what it was..

I think it's a Seymour Duncan Distortion but I could be way off :)

Ok here we go again, i;ve seen this picture for a million times no so here's a million and one :p

It's not the same guitar as alexi has, That's a usa custom shop

60 of these so called RR-LL were made, they have a bolt on neck, not neck thru, indeed with duncan pickups

By the way, EMG pcikups are far more better than the custom made Jackson pickups, i've tried several models of jackson pickups (some custom) but my EMG'81 still rocks my balls off :)

I had RR-LL.. and it is Seymour Duncan TB4 Pickup if i remember correctly.

edit: You tried many Jackson USA pickups? did you check J50bc ? alexi had that in his guitars.. I like that pickup very very much.. but it depends on style you play ;)

Originally posted by Barr WildChild
hmm a TB-4.. thats very possible :)

I though alexi had a Jackson J90 with the Jackson JE100 Preamp

Alexi and Roope uses J50bc and JE1000(tg) preamp. Roope told me.. ;)

I have J90 in my Charvel and i dont like it.. its not so "high-output" pickup than J50bc..

Originally posted by -=WildChild86=-
Alexi and Roope uses J50bc and JE1000(tg) preamp. Roope told me.. ;)

I have J90 in my Charvel and i dont like it.. its not so "high-output" pickup than J50bc..

Finally you gave the right answer to this thread! My question: what das that "(tg)" mean (behind the JE1000)???
Someone here who can help me to get these pickups and preamp!?

Originally posted by Thilo
Finally you gave the right answer to this thread! My question: what das that "(tg)" mean (behind the JE1000)???
Someone here who can help me to get these pickups and preamp!?

If i remember correctly tg is tone and gain... im not so sure. But my custom shop order scrap reads JE1000tg(tone,gain).. ;)