Jam Night Benifit Show Planned For Fri. Oct. 3

Thanks! I emailed and just a waitin for reply. Meanwhile, I plugged away at "Last in Line" for almost two hours. I think I got the solo. If I play it two or three times a day everyday before then, I'll be a dead ringer for Vivian Campbell! All I need is a perm and a chin dimple...
viv1.jpg

I need help with the opening scream on Angel of Death,
:yell:
any volunteers?

If Kevin Pittsey reads this, he should know that I'm playing the 2nd solo in the Trooper.:Spin:

If Sara Ardent reads this, she should know that I'm not playing any solos in Wrathchild.
:wave:

Jeff Milne said:
I need help with the opening scream on Angel of Death,
:yell:
any volunteers?
Just take a deep breath and go, "AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH!" If you're not able to get that high pitch that Tom has on the studio recording, don't worry about it. Tom's never been able to get that high a pitch when I've seen him sing the song live over the last 11 years. :D Hell, listen to the version on Decade of Aggression. Live, that's about the highest I've heard him do that scream. I'd help, but I don't know what the final song order is going to be and I don't want to blow out my voice early.

Hey, how do we get in contact with the other people that we're jamming with? Melzy, Wrathmom? I've just got some questions on tuning on songs that people are going to be singing and some of the tunes that I've requested to sing on. I just want to save some time and make sure that I'm tuned up before hand and I also want to check about the structure of songs so we're not all playing different versions of tunes. (Don't want to be playing the studio version of Heaven and Hell if everyone else is playing the "Live Evil" live version with solos that goes on for 10 minutes, ya know? It would be a train wreck onstage!)

Hey, I just noticed that Ozzy's "No More Tears" is listed twice on the page. :ill:

A welcome letter will go out soon with everyone's contact email listed so that people can get in touch with their musicians. I just got word that one of the drummers who has signed up for quite a lot of songs may have an out of state gig that night. We may need a fill in or we may have to drop some songs and replace them. We should know more in 48 hours.

Also, please email me the name of the person you need to get ahold of and i will do my best to look up that person's email addy and get it to you before the letter goes out.

thanks,
brucechickinson@theironmaidens.com

That's right... all you musicians start practicing.

I on the other hand, I will show up with full-blown LSD (lead singers disease)... late, totally unprepared, smashed on hard liquor & drugs, with a stripper under each arm!

Kidding of course... no train wrecks allowed. We should all communicate soon.

I'm really looking forward to this. It should be a raging good time and all for a good cause.

SciKikMobster said:
I will show up with full-blown LSD (lead singers disease)... late, totally unprepared, smashed on hard liquor & drugs, with a stripper under each arm!

No, please...show up late and smashed. It will take less effort on my part to take the strippers away with me at the end of the night. It will look something like this: ---> :wave::Spin: :wave:

smylex said:
Just take a deep breath and go, "AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH!"

Eggxactly... just do what Henry Rollins used to do back in the Black Flag days. Just shove the mic all the way in your mouth and go - "GUAAAAAAAAAUUUGH"! Everyone will dig on it...

(Don't want to be playing the studio version of Heaven and Hell if everyone else is playing the "Live Evil" live version with solos that goes on for 10 minutes, ya know? It would be a train wreck onstage!)

Ditto to that... please no 10 minute train wreck solos.

I'll make an announcement too, cos it seem like a good idea...

ON Master of Puppetz, I gonna to the second solo (the really fun one), I'd prefer to hear from Eddie on the intro, but it basically starts with only one guitar and I was gonna see if him wanna do it..?

You may want to check with Eddie on that. Normally, he just plays rhythm guitar when we practice. :ill:

Georgemcfly4 said:
Man I was so looking forward to participating inthat song. Its my fav. But no worries I'll participate from teh crowd :-D
So was I, but Armando got the lead vocals before me. Oh well.:)

Bruce Chickinson said:
There will be a very important announcement about the benefit today or tomorrow. Please check your email boxes.
Should be interesting to see/hear what the final verdict is.

I'll let Wrathmom handle this one since I only have partial information. Knowing my fast hands, something is bound to come out wrong. :confused: