James LaBrie - Elements of Persuasion

Kenneth R.

Cináed
Oct 28, 2004
Hallways of Always
picked this up today expecting Mullmuzzler 3...

but its much heavier!
it also has a lot of really well sung parts by James.

what i wasn't expecting was the record scratching and digital editing. normally i'm not into that stuff, but i think it fits this album perfectly. overall i think this thing sounds great, it merges Mullmuzzler 2 with the better parts of Train of Thought.

anyone else heard it?

that said it much better than i could :lol:

but i do actually enjoy the scratches and synth stuff. it adds a whole new dimension to what i associate with LaBrie

personally I have liked this disc as well as the last Mullmuzzler better than the last two Dream Theater releases. I thinks James sounds much better on his stuff than DT's stuff. And perhaps Matt Guillory is the keyboard player DT should have gone for. Really good songwriter and excellent lead player. The guitar player on here is unbelievable. A lot of low-tuned guitars, and leads to rival anyone out currently. And of course Mangini! Buy it or steal it :wave:

Wow, I was sort of disppointed with the Mulmuzzler stuff. Alot of people have been praising the recent release.

So you say this is a good gamble????

i think it's better than DT's ToT, and certainly better than Mullmuzzler 1&2.

Its like the earlier material of DT (softer songs like Hollow Years, Take Away My Pain) connected to their heaviest stuff ever (think Beyond This Life, Endless Sacrifice).
What makes it so great is LaBrie and his band's perfect execution of every song.

Slightly Out of Reach
is an instant favorite track. i'm also really liking Drained, Lost, Smashed, and the first track Crucify

Wow im more surprised that people were not expecting this to be so heavy and so good. If you look at every album(DTand solo)since MM1 you would know that JLB is getting better and better every time. The quility of this disk is not shocking it is standard by now. JLB is in the prime of his existance and has captured my heart with all his work.

Just got this album today, and it is really awesome like all of you have said. If JLB is this good on this album, imagine what the new DT album is gonna sound like! I haven't been able to listen to Elements of Persuasion loud though, so it hasn't fully kicked my ass yet.

Can't wait to hear this stuff live on April 15. Anyone else on here going to see JLB live?

Just grabbed this yesterday - so far, its kickin my ass the way TO and FROM work past two days.... best out of all of his solo stuff so far.... :hotjump:

Lovin it!!:headbang: