James Labrie

Person #1: Pomegranate tastes better than Granny Smith apples.

Person #2: That's not true! Granny Smith apples sell more!

Person #1: But Pomegrante tastes better, therefore the superior fruit!

Person #2: What matters is sales. Sales determine better. Everybody knows that Green Day was the greatest punk band ever, Metallica is the greatest metal band, and Kenny G is the best saxophone player in history.

P

:lol: Good analogy. While Zod & I agree that QR hasn't released anything of any redeeming quality since Promised Land...the difference we have is that I believe just as much in DT's current material as I did their first. And, DT's fanbase relishes their new material also. While QR's fanbase are basically older diehard metalheads who only care for pre-Promised Land.

Going to DT's shows, l enjoy seeing a good mix of 15 year olds with the 45 year olds. That answers what I suspect...DT is winning hearts & minds. That's the kind of band you want waving the prog metal banner.

:lol: Good analogy. While Zod & I agree that QR hasn't released anything of any redeeming quality since Promised Land...the difference we have is that I believe just as much in DT's current material as I did their first. And, DT's fanbase relishes their new material also. While QR's fanbase are basically older diehard metalheads who only care for pre-Promised Land.
The only issue I'd take with this statement, is I often get the impression that a significant portion of the fanbase is not crazy about the new material. But as I said, that's only my perspective.

Zod

General Zod said:
But as I said, that's only my perspective.

Hater skewed as it is.

Naturally...the fanbase want another I&W. But, what they get is great progressive metal...and they still flock to it. If the rest of BC&SL is as good as the 2 tracks leaked...DT fans are gonna explode.

LMAO!!!!!! It just occured to me to wonder how many of the James LeBrie haters think King Diamond is a great singer. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!! It just occured to me to wonder how many of the James LeBrie haters think King Diamond is a great singer. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has been a shared criticism between Met-Al and I. For all the people that bash singers who have a high tenor, like James LaBrie, they seem to be the same people that worship the Mickey Mouse vocals of King Diamond. :loco: